Antigua Winds

Default Lebayle mouthpiece

Hello

can some one tell me where can I hear sound sample of lebayle mouthpiece?

What different of LR (lr 2?), metal, studio or wood mouthpiece? If any one knows please write opinion.

thank you very much

Default Re: Lebayle mouthpiece

A:Yana.991-Ottolink 5 RSJ3Med --- A:S.Mark VI 71xxx-JodyJazz DV8*-Vand.Java2 ---S:Yana.991-Selmer C*-RSJ3S --- T:S.SerieIII-JodyJazz DV NY 8*-ANY2,5 --- C-Melody:Conn(1923)-Conn-LaVoz:Medium --- C-Soprano:Conn(1921)-Buescher-RSJ3S --- S.ino:Martinil-Selmer C* vandoren2 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    What different of LR (lr 2?), metal, studio or wood mouthpiece? If any one knows please write opinion.
    According to their website (lebayle.com), the only thing that differs is the material. The chamber's supposed to be the same.

The Studio model is supposedly the brightest one ("all things mouthpiece" at saxophones.co.uk don't import it because they find it "uncontrollable"), the LR is a medium piece with a narrow bullet and rollover baffle, and the LRII is warm and 50s-ish.

The LR, which is the only one I've ever tried, is free blowing, got a big tone and just the right amount of buzz, and is hand finished. Mine plays great — for my tastes.

Some say that wooden or HR mouthpieces are easier on the embouchure (i.e. one may play for extended periods of time with less fatigue), but I don't feel that it's true. It's different, that's all.