Sax on the Web Forum banner

http://www.mouthpiecemuseum.com/

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Giganova 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have trouble with this site?
I haven't got past the Barone moutyhpiece list yet without my hard drive spinning away and no chance of backing out of the thread even with alt control delte.

No other site I visit does this.
Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your problem!

I'd be very interested to see who else is having problems and what the nature of the problem is.

I understand that having so many pictures on the pages can be rather challenging for some Internet connections, so I try to keep as many pages as I can to minimize the numbers of pictures per page while preserving the ease of navigation.

I tested the site for speed and compatibility (using services from other companies) and didn't notice any problems.

Just for your information:
Since the site is up & running (Sept 9), it had an average of 50 unique visits per day (not to be confused with "hits", which are about tens thousand per day), with a steady upward trend. I think that's not too bad for such a highly specialized web site.

I received more pictures over the X-mas holidays and will add them soon.

#5 ·
Saxlicker said:
Does anyone else have trouble with this site?
I haven't got past the Barone moutyhpiece list yet without my hard drive spinning away and no chance of backing out of the thread even with alt control delte.

No other site I visit does this.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I have the exact same problem with the Barone list.

#6 ·
I don't have a solution for the problems. I tried accessing the page from various places within the US and Europe and didn't encounter any issues with a large number of browsers. I guess you just need to give it some time to load until you scroll. All images are already compressed and optimized for the web, and the site is compatible with virtually all browsers (except, maybe older generation, haven't tried that). Response time of the server is fast and loading times here form my home (using broad band internet access), is very fast.

The page gets visited by more than 50 different people every day, and the above are the only problem reports I have received, which overall, I think is a good sign.

So at this point I am afraid I can't offer a solution .:(

#9 ·
Mine does the same thing...

Page loads fine, I can see all the pictures, but scrolling is pretty slow, and lots of noise from the hard drive. If I scroll slowly and let it load between scrolls, it does okay, but if I try to go to fast, it freezes (although Alt+Ctrl+Delete works). Not on any one manufacturer, either, pretty much all. Never had that problem before...

Broadband connection, Internet Explorer 7, Windows XP SP2, if it helps. Nice site, though.

#11 ·
BariSaxzinger said:
I have a suggestion..

WHat if when you clicked on otto link it opened up like a folder and you could choose which one you wanted to see because there are so many different links.
Thanks for your suggestion! I could do that, but it would require an extensive re-design of the web site, and a page with folders wouldn't look very attractive. I'll see what I can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.