P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Amati 83P Tenor

Default Re: New Amati 83P Tenor

BBlow,

The horn is awesome, far better than I am as a musician. I just restarted playing and have joined the Pickering Community Concert Band. I am one of two tenor players, the other fellow, an excellent musician who is about 30 years younger plays a mint Selmer Mark VII. Honestly on the basis of tone, consistency and intonation I think my horn is a little better; and is far better looking

I have tried several mouthpieces including a Meyer 6m and currently I am playing the stock mouthpiece for concert work.

Dennis
    AMATI AAS 62 Alto; Meyer 6m, Rico 2.5.
    AMATI ATS 83P,Tenor; Meyer 6M, Rico 2.5
    AMATI ABS 31 Baritone, ??? mpc, Rico 2.5

They do look like lovely horns. Where did you purchase it?
    Seems as amati is almost impossible to get any info from in regards to dealers and pricing.

wogeax,

I bought the 83P online from Casio-Interstate Music. It was shipped directly from the USA distributer. Here is Interstate's web site. You can call them and they can get any model you want.

http://www.interstatemusic.com/webap...&storeId=10051

Here are the contact details for the USA distributer.

Rana Singh - President
    -or-
    Rich Danielak - Director of Operations
    Amati USA, Inc. / Strunal America, Inc.
    1124 Globe Avenue, P.O.Box 1429, Mountainside, NJ 07092
    Tel: 908.301.1366, 800.721.7878 Fax: 908.301.1367
    amati_strunal@msn.com

Very nice people to deal with, they will tell you what they have for immediate delivery.

This is the Czech web site. It has english translations.
    www.amati.cz / www.strunal.com

Regards

Dennis
    Last edited by DTGAZ; 01-27-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks for the info. Will surely look into them.

I just play tested the 73pq. I was blown away. If you like a big sound like a Keilwerth or Conn, you have to consider these horns. Intonation is great, big sound, and ergonomics are wonderful. This is a whole lotta saxophone under 2k. I have a Keilwerth SX90r and the sound is almost the same. This horn is just a hair brighter but I'm literally splitting hairs. My Keilwerth is for sale and I will be ordering the 83p as soon as it ships off.

Datsaxguy

Hey my "NEW - Old Stock" Amaiti Super Classic Kraslice Tenor just arrived. I got lucky and found it on ebay from the folk at Ideal Music out of NYC - http://stores.ebay.com/IdealMusicalMerchandise. Man this horn is fantastic. The tone and intonation is very good. The upper and lower registers are clear as a bell. The horn even came with a kit that included a full set of pads, screws, Blue steel pins, cleaning swab, mouth piece & Steel cap. It even came with 4 reeds ;0) The reeds are worthless but a nice touch anyway. After a visit to my local SamAsh store to get some 2.5 JAVA Vandorens and play test a used YTS23 and a Jupiter Tenor as a reference I and extremely happy that I purchased the Amati. What's really cool is that after slapping the Vans on I was down in my studio(Basement) playing and my niece came down and said "Wow that sounds good", Now what would a teenager know about "Jazz Standards" But at least I'm not the only one that knows that the horn sounds great.

BigMack,

Congratulations on buying a great horn at a super price.
    The listing states that he had about '3 dozen' all together.

For anybody considering buying a used tenor or low priced import should seriously consider one of these. To me it is a 'no-brainer'.

Dennis

Hello DTGAZ,

I am also from Ontario, west side. Iwas about to ask you for the price but sisn't realize that your posting was 2007! Anyway, let me know how your tenor ATS83P is...it's been 3 years since. I am looking at getting one from the website you suggested...but I would want to hear from you first. Thanks. By the way, my daughter vactioned in Prage just a month ago after graduating from watreloo (Architecture)...she loved the city and was so inspired by its beauty. She is now ready to hunt for gainful employments. I share her passion for sax.

Oscar,
    Welcome to SOTW, and the Amati sub-forum.
    I still have the 83P and a Amati Alto and Baritone that I bought on ebay.
    I live in Ajax Ontario, if you would like to try my 83P before you buy, send me a pm.
    I am glad your daughter enjoyed Prague.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12