Your Baritone Setup

273K views 671 replies 437 participants last post by  saxobari 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello
Please Put Here Your baritone setup

Jean Michele BAR2500
Yamhah 5C
Rico 3
i am not baritone player i am only play in little orchestra of herzelia ( dont forget ! )

#184 ·
Yamaha YBS-62

Meyer 7/Jody Jazz ESP 6

Vandoren Classic 2

... and of course other mouthpieces lying around, like a Selmer C*, a Rascher and an Otto Link 7

#202 ·
It is in the signature but just in case

John Lehner
Selmer S90 190
Vandoren Optimum Ligature
Vandoren Traditional 3 1/2's

Chris

#206 ·
My current setup:

Selmer Series II
Otto Link 7* (metal), Rovner light alto lig, Vandoren ZZ #3 reeds (sanded down about 1/4 strength) (jazz/funk)
Selmer S80-C** w/stock lig, Vandoren blue box #3 reeds (classical)

I have never been a fan of the 1 screw Link ligs so I tried my alto lig one day for kicks and it works a lot better...at least now the reed doesn't shift everytime I need to adjust my mouthpiece position.

#207 ·
I've just treated myself to a brand new Selmer series III bari!

Not really sorted out the set up as yet, so just using a standard C*, but its AMAZING!

#209 ·
New Set Up !

1967 Selmer MKVI Bari (Bb) with stock neck/Barone Gold plated neck.
Mpc Rousseau JDX6 or Otto Link 8 HR -Alexander Superial DC reeds 3 1/2 .

I have a good amount of power (not as much as my Couf Superba 1 had...) with great ergos, tuning, response and quality of sound. This is my 5th Baritone I've owned and definitely the best one I've played!!!

#218 ·
I now have a 72xxx, '57 Selmer Mark VI, in addition to the '62 "The Martin" "Official Music Man Model" and the '56 King Zephyr Bari.
You have a Music Man bari? *drool* Them's some nice horns ya got there.

#212 ·
Silver Buescher 400

Actually three set ups.

Marching band: Rico Royal Metalite M9, Legere 3 or Rico Plasticover 3
Concert band: Rico Royal Graftonite B7, Rico Grand Concert 3 or Rico Plasticover 3
Jazz band: Runyon Smooth Bore 5, Prinzo 3

I am at the point where I think I need a different concert piece? Suggestions besides C*? I am more of a fan of pieces with larger tip openings than that...

#213 ·
I am at the point where I think I need a different concert piece? Suggestions besides C*? I am more of a fan of pieces with larger tip openings than that...
Vandoren BL mouthpieces are very nice. I'm currently using a BL4 for big band, concert and pit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.