Sax on the Web Forum banner

Neffmusic.com website issues?

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  LampLight 
#1 ·
This talk started in another thread about the AMMA mouthpiece. How many of you are having problems with the clips on my website? i thought everything was working great but I've been hearing from different people that they can't play the clips. I'd like to figure out whats going on here? If you have an issue let me know. Maybe we can fix it somehow. Thanks, steve

#2 ·
I just tried your clips and they sound great. And man, you really sound good on a Link. Better than on the AMMA in my very humble and limited opinion. And I love that carefree but powerful sound of yours. Wow!

#3 ·
This is picking up where rini and jrsopsax left off in the other thread.

I have a similar setup to rini, except I'm running XP Pro versus XP Home. I'm on a three year old Dell laptop.

neffmusic.com is allowed to open pop-ups and set cookies for the session.

#7 ·
Nefertiti said:
Lamplight,
So what happens when you click on the play button?
At first nothing. Then I begin to swear quietly. Oh, you meant about the sound:

I get almost no sound, meaning that after a long time, a second or so of the clip will play - sometimes. Then there is another long pause followed maybe by another little bit of the clip. Not to be facetious, but by this time, I usually close the page. HOWEVER, if I use the trick mentioned by rogerb40uk and keep moving the cursor over the play button, then the clip plays just fine.

Remember, this is all in FireFox. In IE7 the clips play fine.

#8 ·
Enviroguy said:
I just tried your clips and they sound great. And man, you really sound good on a Link. Better than on the AMMA in my very humble and limited opinion. And I love that carefree but powerful sound of yours. Wow!
The links work fine for me. And I agee with this: the Link is fabulous.

(Didn't intend the link/Link pun. . . .I make puns in my sleep!)

#17 ·
Nefertiti said:
Cool....I think that was it. I got on my wife's laptop that had the problem before and now it works fine. Thanks guys for letting me know. Steve
Every clip works for me Steve.Man, you sound good.

#19 ·
I have 2 PC desktops, a Mac Mini and a PC laptop. On my grandkid's PC, I was not able to hear any of Steve's clips. I am not sure what my grandson was doing but the sound was working around dinner time. I brought up Sounds and Audio Devices window in Window XP and under the Audio Tab on the bottom under the Midi Music Playback heading I selected the Volume Button. I then noticed that a couple of the slider bars were on the bottom. I then lift them up and behold Steve was blowing the AMMA. Will miracles never cease?

#20 ·
jrsopsax said:
I have 2 PC desktops, a Mac Mini and a PC laptop. On my grandkid's PC, I was not able to hear any of Steve's clips. I am not sure what my grandson was doing but the sound was working around dinner time. I brought up Sounds and Audio Devices window in Window XP and under the Audio Tab on the bottom under the Midi Music Playback heading I selected the Volume Button. I then noticed that a couple of the slider bars were on the bottom. I then lift them up and behold Steve was blowing the AMMA. Will miracles never cease?
I always tell my sister all we have to do to ruin Irans nuclear ambitions is let her two kids loose in the facility for a few hours and tell them not to touch anything.

Sounds like if we added your grandkids we could really mess up all their stuff!!!!!

#21 ·
Steve,
Yeah man, it works great now. Thanks for taking the time to get this fixed! And you already know I'm with playitfuncky: All your clips rock, but the BP 108 is even a notch more fantastic for me. (But don't let that go to your head now. :))

#22 ·
Hi Steve,
I'm still struggling with sound problems... With Mozilla (2.0.0.9) and also with IExplorer (6.0.0.29). It seems that sound is clipping... My Internet connection is fair (radio connection). Not that huge speed, but fair...
As you ask about site issues, I have to mention that Portuguese translation is totally non-sense... Probably, a translation software... Isn't it? If you need some help on that issue, I could help, as I live, and was born, in Brasil, ok?
Best wishes!

#24 ·
Steve,

My problems had cleared up after you did whatever you did on 10/30, but they are back: IE7 works fine; Firefox doesn't work unless I use the trick of sweeping the mouse back and forth over the play button.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.