Sax on the Web Forum banner

Another MySpace Problem

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  matty 
#1 ·
I've been trying to list an upcoming show and every time I list the show and fill out all the required fields the Venue Name disappears and doesn't show on the upcoming shows. The actual time and date are on the page but the venue never appears and disappears right after I hit the save button????

I tried listing this gig 4-5 times today but it continues to happen.If you go to my page you'll see there is a show listed for Nov 25 at 6pm but No venue is shown?? Even though I list it

Any help???

#3 ·
Thanks Gary I did but also wondered if anyone had a similar problem. I had a new comment posted today from a strange source. A new friend !!! He posted a plug for some legal POT to buy . I didn't want that stuff listed so I deleted the comment . Now this strange stuff started up and wondered if it was coincedence or what.

I heard people can screw with your site ???

G
#4 ·
I have not had that happen yet, but it would really be a bummer. I have people asking me to be their friends that I am not even aquainted with, I ignore the emails, and when I check people who are my REAL friends, I see on my request list that all of those other profiles are deleted.

#5 ·
Mike...
I just checked, and I am having the same issue... not sure if its a myspace problem or not. I got concerned after reading your mail, because I had the same "comment" posted on my band's site, which I deleted this morning.. and I checked that site first for posting upcoming shows, and had the issue that venue doesn't show up. So I went to my personal myspace site, where I didn't have that comment show up, but still no "venue" will show up in the posting. So it's on both my accounts, but I only had that particular "comment" posted on one of them... which leads me to believe its a myspace glitch at the moment.

#6 ·
Hi Dean,

As per our PM it was the same comment from the same source. I hope it's a myspace problem.

I recieved an email from a guy in Australia who has the same problem on myspace. He googled about it and it gave this thread and he contacted me. He can't post venue name. Now I can't even edit my upcoming shows which show I have 4 6PM gigs on Nov. 25th but no venue ???

Now the latest I just went to your personal site and it doesn't come up????

People have nothing better to do once they smoke all that legal bud I guess. I like the illegal stuff better, it doesn't make me want to hi jack a computer:)

I did a virus scan and a system restore but that hasn't helped .

Keep in touch.

#7 ·
Mike, if I'm the guy you're re(e)fering to, no, I didn't send out anything about about legal pot. Some of my friends have contacted me saying my myspace sent out comments regarding this. So sorry it happened and I took some steps to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. Sorry dude(s)

#13 ·
Mike..
My site seems to be working fine...on Firefox and IE.

Tom has posted that they are aware of the bugs in event postings, and songs playing, and are working on fixing them by Wednesday.

So, probably just a coincidence on the other thing.. and it sounds like Matt got hijacked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.