Sax on the Web Forum banner

New Greg Fishman Book - Jazz Saxophone Etudes Volume 2

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rackety Sax 
#1 ·
I just wanted everyone to know that Greg was kind enough to send me a copy of his latest book Jazz Saxophone Etudes Volume 2 for review. Harri has graciously agreed to publish it once it is done. Greg's got some information at his site www.gregfishmanjazzstudios.com about the new book and his previous books.

I've been playing through the new one and I'm very impressed.

#6 ·
Greg is an incredible player. I discovered that after buying his first book along with the fact that I set the bar way high for improving my humble weekend warrior skills.

Thanks for posting this. I just went to his website and ordered the 2nd book.

#7 ·
I was given all three books(Etudes 1 & 2 an duets) for Christmas.

All of them past my ability level - at present. Have listened through and attempted book 1 so far. Having great fun already.

Although intended for those more skilled than us 'weekend warriors' it is fun to attempt them, good practice and even at a slower speed than intended they sound good (even though backing track is no use at my slow speed).

Other than a complete novice I suggest they woud be good practice tools even for the average player - and certainly give you something to aspire to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.