Sax on the Web Forum banner

Aebersold Bossa Nova Books

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Agent27 
#1 ·
Hey guys
I'm trying to decide which one of these two to order for myself. Either the "Vol 31: Jazz Bossa Novas" or "Vol 98: Antonio Carlos Jobim Bossa Novas". But I can't decide which one. I consider myself an intermediate level improviser, so I don't want something which will be too easy, or way to hard.
Also, I noticed they both feature a lot of the same songs. Apart from the addition of the guitar in vol 98, what else is different about these 2 books?
Thanks

#5 ·
The Answer Is 98!

I'll put in a word for volume 98 as well. It's my personal preference also. I really like how the tunes are performed with this one , more than I can say for a lot of others in the series. The one exception is 'Once I Loved' which is done at a breakneck pace:shock: which I consider inappropriate for a sad ballad:( but maybe it's because I'm such a fan of Shirley Horn's version:cool: .This book will keep you plenty busy before you feel the need to move on to 'Summer Samba' and the like.My 2 cents (CDN).;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.