P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: where to buy a runyon?

Default where to buy a runyon?

Where is a good place to buy a runyon? I would like a system where if I don't like it, I can return it and with a good price. I am eyeing a red runyon custom w/ spoiler, Thanks for any info.

Forum Contributor 2009
    New York City (The Center of the Universe)

Buy it from runyon.
    www.runyonproducts.com

they seem kind of expensive, and can you mail them back?

Forum Contributor 2009
    New York City (The Center of the Universe)

I believe it says they do on their web page. If the free return thing is not essential, you can find them cheaper. ie. you can look at the banner at the top of this page. I beleive there is a restocking fee. However, I've been happy with Charlie A.
    Paul
    - Try this useful scale sheet

yes, I think i'll go with charlie A.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2013

Manny, Post your results. I have been looking at these for a while on tenor. They look interesting, like a sound I may like. As far as I can see Charlie has the cheapest price.

ok, my scholership check is coming today, as soon as its in the bank, I will order it; right now I have Bells Palsy , (paralysis in my left side of my face)and I can't blow my sax right now but hopefully it will be gone soon enough to post my findings

Manny, have you read the Saxophone Journal article about the fellow with Bells Palsey? It was a two-part article, and very interesting. Just after I read that, my niece was afflicted with Bells, too. My doctor read the article and said the author did an excellent job of explaining the disease in layman's terms.
    You are all welcome to contact me at tenorman@teche.net, which is my public email address set up especially for my friends here on Sax On The Web.

I just found it with yahoo, wow very interesting... if your a professional musician it can really take you out for a while...

Forum Contributor 2013

While I may buy from Charlie as he is a sponsor here I have a little difficulty in calling the trial period worth considering...a 20 dollar minimum return is kinda high. I understand there are reasons but Id like to know where I could buy one for around that price with a typical restock if not liked. WWBW does not carry the SR. Worldwide sax does not really want to do returns on special order mpc and they dont have my facing choice in stock so that cuts that option out. Ideas?

Distinguished SOTW Member/Mouthpiece Guru MojoBari's Avatar

For a SR, I think Runyon direct is your best bet. They will let you try a bunch before you make your decision. You pay a little more, but this is a great service to get a good mouthpiece fit and the best selection.

I agree that direct from Runyon is good way to go as f`r as service is concerned. I had fourteen tenor mouthpieces (various brands) on trial simultaneously last summer. Two of the Runyons I wanted to try were not in stock at any retailer, so I called the factory. Leroy told me that he had a Jaguar 11 that was ready, but the blue SR 11 needed a little finishing work. So, he finished it up and sent it out. Their prices are a little higher, but they were able to send what I wanted to try. As it turns out, I bought them both and sent back all the others.

They're awfully nice folks, too, friendly and easy to talk to. I called before the Jags were widely available to get more information about them and talked to Donovan for about 20 minutes. He didn't seem to be in any hurry to get rid of me and get back to whatever else he'd been working on. Also, they have given me an educator discount both times I've ordered from them, even though I teach chemistry, not music. I love Lily's accent, too. They're very much a customer-oriented bunch of folks. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Ok, got it from charlie A's...He seems like a nice guy...it will be in in about a week, and with a little faith and positivity, I will be over Bells when it gets here

Try ordering from woodwind brasswind. I think their prices for a mpc. with the spoiler were around $62.95, which I believe is a very attractive price.

Anybody know where to get a Runyon Metal Quantum for Tenor in Canada?
    Are there any local retailers who stock them??

Email me, and I will relay your request to the Canadian Runyon Distributor.
    You are all welcome to contact me at tenorman@teche.net, which is my public email address set up especially for my friends here on Sax On The Web.

E-mail sent;
    Thanks Paul!!