Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Paul Desmond & his Selmer SBA

First of all, I am not sure if this is the most appropriate section on the forum for this topic.

I wonder how many Selmer SBAs Paul often played? Where are his SBAs after he passed away? Who are the owners now?

SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2013

Legend has it Paul only used one horn his entire career. A 1951 Selmer SBA alto.

The owner of Paul's horn is Michael Brubeck, Dave Brubeck's son. Michael was young when Paul died, and they were very close. Desmond willed his equipment to Michael.

I believe Michael lives in New Hampshire somewhere. Before I die, I'm going to arrange a visit there to see Paul's horn.

Saxaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Saxaholic
    Legend has it Paul only used one horn his entire career. A 1951 Selmer SBA alto.

The owner of Paul's horn is Michael Brubeck, Dave Brubeck's son. Michael was young when Paul died, and they were very close. Desmond willed his equipment to Michael.

I believe Michael lives in New Hampshire somewhere. Before I die, I'm going to arrange a visit there to see Paul's horn.

Saxaholic

Thank you, Saxaholic. I wish I could see the horn as well. Is Mike a player? It is a pity that the horn just sits in the closet.