Sax on the Web Forum banner

what other necks have you used successfully on your dolnets

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  saxviking 
#1 ·
I bought this horn as a parts horn for my Jean Cartier thinking I would resell the carcass after I was done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170093438121&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

After receiving it today I see that is is complete except for the neck So I may try to overhaul both. They both need overhauls and this one has been at the mercy of a Mad Solderer. but a pair of matching dolnets would be nice. The serial #s are very close within 300 of each other 722XX and 725XX. Indentical except for the engraving. One is engraved Dolnet Artist. The other is Jean Cartier Artist. What necks have you used successfully on your Dolnets?

#3 ·
I confess I haven't made the effort simply because the Dolnet tenor receiver ID is so huge that other necks just rattle around in it like they were from altos.....

If I were going to try something, I'd probably try a neck with Dolnet-like geometry ..... like the one on your Kohlert tenor.....

#4 ·
i just bought myself a late dolnet serie 2 ( 33700) and I noticed that the neck looked almost identical to that of my sml gold medal, except for the sml neck brace....-so i tried putting the dolnet neck on my sml where it fit perfectly...-and actually improved my sml in some ways...-I also tried the sml neck on the dolnet, and it also got in ....-a bit: of a tight fit...but definitely possible.

so if you stumble upon an sml neck lying around...( big chance of that...hmmm) you've got yourself a winner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.