Sax on the Web Forum banner

Post a clip here, free jazz only!

131K views 370 replies 78 participants last post by  E Flat 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

On another thread I've been trading free jazz clips with Jason Dumars and it occurred to me it would be cool to open a thread for members clips of only free jazz, free improvisation, new music, avant-garde, generally wacky ****! There are a number of players on SOTW that are interested in this stuff and have some nice recordings, so let's put them together.

Also, this is a thread for people who ARE interested in this music. If you feel your 3 year old child can make music just as good don't bother posting unless you are willing to record it and play it for us! Everyone one of us that plays this music has had that argument a thousand times. Maybe for those who have never heard this kind of stuff before it's a clever comment, but I personally am not interested in pursuing that topic right now.

So, here are two tracks of mine:

Duo with Jon Barrios
http://www.johndikeman.com/john1.mp3

Trio with Darren Pickering and Raed Yassine
http://www.johndikeman.com/sawy4.mp3

more clips to be found at www.johndikeman.com/disco.htm

Ok, let's hear what you've got!

See less See more
#289 ·
Wow Joe, really enjoyed listening to your clips.

Great sound, playing and intensity. Loved the quote at 2:28 in 'Song For Albert' (my favorite of the two tunes).

Thanks for sharing :).

#294 ·
Nino extended techniques workout ..

Hi,

the next one in my "Gym series"

- 2:59 fireworks explosions on the street .. 30.12.14 downtown Berlin/Neukölln.
- 11:30 funny "panic" sequence in the dark ... the lights went down because of motion sensor ... ok .. nobody ... absolutely no one will watch it that long :mrgreen:

keep swinging
mil aka
tomasz.t

#297 ·
Re: Nino extended techniques workout ..

Hi,

the next one in my "Gym series":

keep swinging
mil aka
tomasz.t
Very nice Tomasz. I like your control on the Eb Sopranino sax and your improvisation, very lyrical. please tell me your setup as far as sax and mouthpiece and reeds? what is your background and I must say Free Jazz and Berliners have a very long history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.