Sax on the Web Forum banner

Scored a couple of Jean Cartiers on Ebay

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spiderjames 
#1 ·
#3 ·
They look like Dolnets to me. Is that the case?

I haven't heard of this make before.

#5 ·
I also picked up a Jean Cartier horn over the weekend... A bari from my old high school. It hadn't been played since it last came back from the repair shop, and looks to only need 1 needle spring replaced (it's missing on the octave key mechanism). Sounds really good otherwise. Appearances are, well, like a really old high school horn... ;)

An interesting aspect is this horn looks nothing like a Dolnet, but looks everything like a Beaugnier. In addition, the engraved logo isn't "Art Deco" style, but is very simple; "JEAN CARTIER" in an arc at the top, "ARTISTE" through the middle, and "PARIS, FRANCE" in an arc at the bottom. Serial # is 6xxx.

#6 ·
Seems like I have seen a couple of Jean Cartier altos on ebay that were not dolnets. Don't really remember the details though. The ones I purchased are straight belair stencils I believe. They don't appear to have the extra keywork of the Royal Jazz models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.