Sax on the Web Forum banner

DOLNET alto on eBay: needs repair

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  milandro 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Carbs said:
After looking at it again, i have to agree with Martin, their is a huge dent, and probably tons of other trouble with that horn. I would estimate the cost to fix it around 200-300 dollars at the minimum.
A wee bit optimistic we are eh?:twisted:

Id guess ~400. Remove dent, straighten body, then straighten rods, replace some of the pads probably, adjust, gonna cost!

#9 ·
GARBS....there is a section here on Dolnets and some very dedicated Dollie lovers...But over 300 in repairs will make it hard to justify spending over 200 for it.
I bid (low), but maybe others here are interested or have the skills to work on it themselves.
g' luck

#11 ·
I am not a repair man but as far as I can tell my octave key has a very similar look and apparently this one misses only the thumbrest. Not being a repair man myself I would say that my repair man would probably charge me 3-400 euros for a complete overhaul (normally 250 wich is very cheap in Holland as far as this thing go) of this sax. I have to say that I am very taken by the color of this horn, if it is like that in real, it is very attratticve indeed. I think it is a very late Dolnet, probably the latest series. The left palm group has lost its traditional square keys in favor of more traditional tear-drop ones. The pink group has a much more Selmer-like appearence.

Even after spending substantial money on this horn it is probably worth more that is would cost, where are you going to buy a (almost) perfect vintage Dolnet hornin California for less than 1000 dollars?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.