P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Noblet Paris clarinet age & Serial number

Default Noblet Paris clarinet age & Serial number

I have purchased what I believe is an older Noblet Paris Clarinet I know nothing about any clarinet and wondered if someone could help me out here. I cannot locate a serial number on any piece but each piece does have the Noblet Paris with a line around this and an N above it, this seems like a hard plastic (I could be wrong) any info I can get would be helpful. How also do I know if it's a Bb clarinet or another. I have 10 grandkids so am hoping this might be useful to someone.

Thanks

Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer
    Forum Contributor 2008

it should have a serial number on it on the lower part of each main section with keys, on the back side. It may be hard to see so take a close look.

check this
    http://www.saxmaniax.com/snclarinet.htm#EmblemNoblet
    serial numbers are further down the page.

Do you have any pics of it ?

Default Re: Noblet Paris clarinet age & Serial number

I know this discussion took place last fall, but I just joined. I have an older Noblet LeBlanc Bflat clarinet. I have owned it for 45 years and it was used when I got it. I have a serial number of 7869, but this is all I know. How do I find any other info on it? And its value? Thanks!

Forum Contributor 2008

CatGirl,

It is very difficult to know any answers without seeing pictures knowing hte condition etc.

Noblet made more than 1 model of clarinet, thus it's impossible to know without pics as they all had the same serial number range

but this will give you the emblems
    http://www.clarinetperfection.com/cl...m#EmblemNoblet

and later down the serial number ranges. some early ones are not listed and has to be guessed

value, depending upon model and condition would be $50 to $180ish in used (un refurbished) condition on eBay. Though you may want to check eBay for more up to date $$ values

Thank you Steve.

I bought an old Noblet Paris at an auction several years ago. My wife played Clarinet in High School and I thought she would like to pick it up again.

It is in good shape, but I am sure it needs to be recorked and repadded but I am looking for some info on how old it is.

The serial number is 141B. I have searched many of the serial number sites, but haven't had any luck in finding a year or model.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Noblet Paris myself. It's from the 70s I believe, and is in OK condition. Wiggly joints and worn pads, but nothing out of hand. It can toot out a fine few notes but sounds like a goose choking on a kazoo in the lower register, especially compared to my more frequently played instruments. It has the serial number A5040 and can't find anything on it. There's a 27 instead of N on one of the emblems, it's the square emblem (thanks stevesklar for the link).
    Anyways here it is. If anyone has any idea, lemme know.

This one shows the keys and everything a little better. It's an all wood clarinet with a plastic mouthpiece.

Forum Contributor 2008

a 27 ? A Noblet 27 was representative of a plastic bell - which I can't make out in the pics. a Noblet model 27 is a model 40 slightly cheapened to make it a little more affordable back in the day by replacing a wood bell with a plastic bell.

Hmm, previous owner must have mixed and matched a little. The bell that came with it is most definitely the same wood as the rest of it. I noticed the barrel seems to be much newer than everything else too so I'm really not surprised. It has a nice tone that really wants to show, so I'm going to see what I can do to make the most out of it. And if all else fails, it has a pretty case and would look nice on a shelf somewhere.

Update - I had the instrument brought back to playing condition (it needed new pads and corks, nothing too serious) and I have to admit it's not a bad instrument at all. The bell is, in fact, wood, and the year is 1972. It's my second most played instrument, I love it.

I have one with the serial Noblet A99297, it plays wonderfully with no cracks. It belonged to my 89 year old mother in law who got it as a replacement for a 1940's she owned in the late 70's. She wants to sale it to help her granddaughter get a new car. Any ideas?

I am trying to sell my D. Noblet Paris Clarinet. Please make me an offer

Email me at caweatherall@shaw.ca and I can send you a picture.

Hello,

I have an Noblet Artist, in a perfect condition (not for sale).

The serial number is “7098A” and is not listed in the list of serial numbers…

Typically is the logo on the top- or left hand section: on the top of the logo it’s written “Artist” and below the logo “France”.

I did spend some hours on Internet to find an adequate answer on manufacture date and type, but without any results….

I have publishes some pictures on my personal web-site: http://rdtbrugge.be/clarinet/ (loads slowly since the pictures are not compressed…)

I wonder if somebody could give me more information on it…

Thanks in advance