Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
    Forum Contributor 2011
    Distinguished SOTW Member

Default The Best Minor II-V-I Patterns PDF FS

Hi Everyone,
    As if you already didn't have enough to do, I just finished my new PDF book. It's all minor II-V-I patterns and I have to say I'm very proud of it. It has the same quality of patterns as my first book but all in minor keys. There are 80 patterns which I did with Finale and transposed to every key. The cost is 10.00 and I'll send you the 80 page PDF file. there's some great ideas in these books. IMHO You can purchase them at http://www.neffmusic.com/JAZZ-BOOKS/...s/flypage.tpl/ Thanks. I hope you like them. Steve

Forum Contributor 2011
    SOTW Better late than never bloomer poster child

Got it! Although, I don't know if I'll ever get to it! I'm still working the major book

Like sipping from the firehose of knowledge...
    Go for The Tone,

g

"When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

Forum Contributor 2014

Just ordered both Major and Minor - The Tim Price ii-V stuff has got me going. Hopefully this material will KEEP me going. T

Talking

So I´m done with the major keys, the minors will keep me busy for the weekend. What have you planned for me next week?

Just kidding! Great stuff. Keep the good work up ;-)

Ugh, I can't buy the Minor till I get through more of these majors. They are friggen hard. Well I am still playing the first release with all the E#'s and B#'s. I need to print out his corrected one with the right accedentals. I can do several of them but not at 144. Fingers fall apart alot in the second part of the second measure. He tends to allways have half step approaches to the third measure and my finger reject that approach to the 1. It hip, my fingers just don't like it.

That would probaby help, heh.

I thought about buying them, but then it would feel like I was just stock piling music. But then again I don't want to be a machine in the major keys and be a wus in the minor.

I wish the work printer double sided option would work, I have been trying to print them out at work and take them to kinkos to bind them, esp now that we have such a nice cover sheet!
    2005 Cannonball Global Big Bell Raven Tenor 2004 Black Nickel Global Big Bell Cannonball Alto Sax
    1959 Selmer Centered Tone 1967 Armstrong 90 Flute
    MPC Setup - Otto Link New VintageTenor Jumbo Java Alto HS* Selmer Clar

Forum Contributor 2011

the E# and B# actually were the right accidentals if your in F# or C#......I changed them to F and C even though theory wise it's wrong it's easier to read I think. I'm working on these too so I know it takes alot of work. Steve

Forum Contributor 2011

A Bunch of you have asked for print versions of the book. If you want to spend the extra money you can get a printed version sent to you but it's about twice the cost. there's also a preview of the books so you can check them out. Thanks, Steve

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=689312

Forum Contributor 2011

I posted an audio sample of the minor book also so you can here some of it. I just run through 16 of them with background tracks so you can get an idea of what some of them sound like. It's at http://www.neffmusic.com/JAZZ-BOOKS/...s/flypage.tpl/ . I'll be re-doing the major II-V-I sample with backgrounds soon. In case you wondering I'm using the Freddie Gregory Mark IV 7** on the Minor recording.

Forum Contributor 2011

If any of you who have bought a book would like to send me a review or opinion I'm looking for some to put on my website. I'm not sure if I can quote posts from SOTW or not. I'm not sure how that works. Thanks, Steve

Forum Contributor 2011

I have to say I just got a sample of the books from http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=689312 . Lulu does a great job printing these. they look as good as any wire bound books I've seen. If you ever want anything printed this is a pretty cool company.

Forum Contributor 2011

For anyone interested I decided to combine the Major and Minor books for print purposes. That way if you order it from Lulu you only have to pay for them to print one book instead of 2. It saves you 10.00. the printed version of both books is now 30.00 and is at http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=689312
    They do a very good job on these books. Thanks, Steve

Ok so I bought the Minor approach Book, I was kind of hoping to be spoon feed like the ii-V-1 book is, which I love! For me, I just want it to all be there, so I don't have to guess. I can do code development, but I add on my fingers... I just make too many simple mistakes to trust myself at all thouse key transcriptions.
    About the Minor Approach book, I was going to do more backing in BIAB. Would you suggest 32 measures of the approprate minor key? Maybe 8 A section, then 8 B Section to change it up? How many Chorus?

I was going to do all 12 keys and post them on my site with the ii-V-1 Majors I did. Anyone is welcome to them. Go to www.vintagehorn.com under audio recordings.

Have to say that the ii-V-I book has been very enjoyable. I wouldn't say I am at the level of thinking the licks, but with so many I was able to go though alot of them in a few keys (didn't want to base my decision on just 1 key) and find several that sounded like me. I figured thouse would be the best place to start and they have really been insitefull at interval mistakes I was making in keys that weren't as familiar. Also been enjoyable to understand the color tones I like to use in playing examples. Also nice to work on examples at tempos that are more realistic to tune speeds. I have been working on them starting at 80 and going to 160.
    2005 Cannonball Global Big Bell Raven Tenor 2004 Black Nickel Global Big Bell Cannonball Alto Sax
    1959 Selmer Centered Tone 1967 Armstrong 90 Flute
    MPC Setup - Otto Link New VintageTenor Jumbo Java Alto HS* Selmer Clar

Forum Contributor 2011

Rad,
    I'm not sure what your asking as far as the minor approach book goes. I wrote out all the approaches and then put them in every key. If you are unsure how to use them you might want to get my audio lesson of the same name. I describe how to practice them and use them. Although the audio lesson is for the major approaches it can be applied to the minor approaches as well. Whatever background tracks you set up can be any length or form you want. So if your working out of the D minor section you can put in a song in D minor 12 bars, 16 , 32....... It doesn't matter. You can add minor ii-V-i in it in D minor and the approaches will work fine over them. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I hope this helps. STeve

Forum Contributor 2011

Default Re: The Best Minor II-V-I Patterns PDF FS

Just a reminder about my " Best Minor II-V-I Patterns" book at http://www.neffmusic.com/JAZZ-BOOKS/...s/flypage.tpl/ . I haven't posted about it in a couple of years so I thought I would refresh this thread for any new people since then. There are sample pages and an audio clip to check out also. Thanks, steve