Sax on the Web Forum banner

How much does a Cannonball Sax cost?

61K views 67 replies 34 participants last post by  katterbe 
#1 ·
How much does 'The Raven' Stone Series professional big bell alto sax usually cost? If someone could give me a price range, that would be great. I'd like to know how much I need to save up to buy this :) .

#24 ·
I think you have a great idea there: "allocate a greater amount of money toward your anticipated purchases than the horns' actual value."

Because you never know what sort of extras you may end up wanting while you're at the store (swabs, reeds, etc), and you can't forget taxes, maintenance plans, etc. Stuff always ends up taking more time and costing more than you expect. And who knows, this way when you're walking out of the store with your new horns, you may even end up with some leftover funds! This is indeed a noteworthy tactic that can and should be extrapolated into many, if not all, of our future acquisitions.

So, yes, I absolutely agree with you: when you're ready to buy saxophones, no matter what they're selling for, whether it's a little or a lot of money, you should definitely "allot more than their worth."

#30 ·
Call your frienldy local Cannonball dealer and get some data!

They may not post it on a website but they still need to talk to people.

Where's Dr Whippet to tell us all how wrong it it to question Cannonball policy???

#31 ·
When I'm shopping for a new car, I call dealers and ask for their best price. But then I go on internet forums for the car model that I'm considering and see what people paid for that model. That informs me about the best price I can expect to get. We should be able to do the same for sax models.

#32 ·
when I needed a new can I emailed several shops and asked for a quote and then went with the cheapest quote to my local dealer to ask if he could match (or improve) on that quote, he matched the price. I bought there.

Cannonball by placing a gagging order with the dealers seeks to prevent exactly that a potential customer would seek the cheapest offer. This is in protection of the dealer's price (since imposing a price would be in some places of the world illegal). Other brands impose a minimum price and or object to dealers from one country to sell outside of their country or economic zone.

#36 ·
Cannonball by placing a gagging order with the dealers seeks to prevent exactly that a potential customer would seek the cheapest offer. This is in protection of the dealer's price (since imposing a price would be in some places of the world illegal).
It would be illegal in the U.S. as well, if they had a market share of 20% or greater.

Does anyone care enough about the topic to call their local Cannonball dealer for a quote on a horn?
Not me...

#34 ·
Does anyone care enough about the topic to call their local Cannonball dealer for a quote on a horn?

#35 ·
I cared enough 5 years ago and posted what I found. I dislike C-Balls marketing strategy enough that if anyone is living in one of the high price markets for these things and has to have one, email me. I may be able to save you a few hundred or more and put $100 in my pocket, too.

#38 ·
I was in a C-Ball store today. If anyone wants a Brute finish Vintage tenor, I'll ship it to anywhere in the CONUS for 2100. International shipping additional. PayPal fees extra if you want to pay that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.