P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Default Rahsaan Roland Kirk

As you can tell from my avatar, I enjoy Rahsaan's music quite a bit. It seems strange that there doesn't seem to be much sheet music around relating to his tunes (at least that I can find). Anyone have any links or know which books might contain some of his tunes?? In particular, i would like to get "No Tonic Press", "Silverization", "Volunteered Slavery".
    "If it ain't fun, I want no part of it, man. That's the only reason I play." - Phil Woods

Yeah, I know it's an old post, but I'll second this. I'd love to get my hands on some Kirk tunes.

Roland has been my hero since 1958 when I was in High School. That man could blow you away with just ONE note.

Yup. I'm listening to the Volunteered Slavery album now. Everything he did was truly amazing.

So no sources for tunes or transcriptions? btw, how would you transcribe a solo where the person plays three horns at once??
    "If it ain't fun, I want no part of it, man. That's the only reason I play." - Phil Woods

Well it wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm tied up in other things right now.