P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Woodwind repair Manual

Default Woodwind repair Manual

Anyone had a look at this please?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=16214

Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Melody csax's Avatar
    Dorset, UK - via Cornwall and the civilised World...

Howlin - sounds very much like the one I bought from another UK seller, it was scanned manual pages, and also included '2 useful measurement charts' on paper. Photo's lost a little in the processing to Postscript.

Has to be worth the price, not sure about legit ownership of info.... My CD was definately 'home copied', and labelled with marker pen ! I have to say it wasn't from this seller tho' - but does look the same.

Wasn't bad tho', lots of useful info, assumes you're starting with some knowledge because it also talks about 'workshop setup' etc. Is all a tad dated, still useful nevertheless as it fills lots of 'info gaps' and is the basis for a good technique.

On-Screen layout was a bit of a pain as the printed 'columns' meant moving up and down a lot in Acrobat. I abandoned mine in favour of a couple of other printed manuals I use, maybe you could print it off.

Regards, Alan.

P.S. It was a bit big to email around (one stonkin' great .pdf file) unless some kind soul out there has a copy - and a high speed internet link....

Default woodwind repair manual

Howlin - I bought this some time time ago and I agree with all the above comments. Some of the 'illustrations' seem to be out of step with the text. For instance, a close-up of someones right ear is intended to assist our understanding of burnishinh technique!
    With all it's shortcomings, it is a substantial piece of work and was quite obviously a labour of love for someone. I say 'someone' because the work is anonymous!
    It is definitely worth the money and there are some gems of knowledge in it, if you take the time to look.

Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist

Where is it scanned from?

Musicmedic's info? He says that if it is, he doesn't mind. But if it is, is it available free from Musicmedic.
    Contentment is not the fulfilment of what you want, but the realisation of how much you already have.

Thanks guys - perhaps I'll see if MMs video has any ears in it

Default woodwind repair manual

Gordon - The disc I received had no information on it, so I don't know where it originates from - it is anonymous in every sense of the word. It seems there are several versions around.