Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Dearman President Tenor

I have just purchased one of these (ser. 10,xxx) and would like to find more about it if possible - thanks

Have just received this instrument and I can say that it is of dubious manufacture. All it says is Foreign (for country) and the bell keys are so far over the tone holes that they could have never sealed in its life and yet it looks worn on some keys. No wonder some people give up saxophone!!!
    Will let my tech see it then let it go to a better home than I can offer it (there is enough dogs here already)

Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Melody csax's Avatar
    Dorset, UK - via Cornwall and the civilised World...

Howlin, I think 'Dearman' originated from Czechoslovakia or thereabouts. Seem to remember them in the UK from the 60's or 70's as a 'hopeful' intermediate/semi-pro horn.

As for the (quote) "bell keys are so far over the tone holes", I had that on a horn once, and it was because the bell had been pushed back - so that the bell brace was pushed into the main body of the horn - which made the B & Bb cups stick a little 'further out' than the holes ! Amazingly, the bell itself was undamaged.

Regards, Alan.

Thanx dude - the cup arms on the B and B b keys were originally built .8 cm too long!!! The bell isn't bent but some of the posts sure are
    Never mind - what do you get for $100?

Default dearman saxophone

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin
    I have just purchased one of these (ser. 10,xxx) and would like to find more about it if possible - thanks

just curious if you still have it...? Thanks