Sax on the Web Forum banner

Reso-Tech resonators on a Dolnet Bel-Air tenor

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Thomsax 
#1 ·
Hello - Writing from Sweden and hoping someone can give me an advise about whether I shall have Reso-Tech resonators on my recently bought Bel-Air tenor from -47. Does anyone know if they work well on these horns?

#2 ·
Reso tech

Hi Thomsax. I put some Reso-techs in a Dolnet tenor a while back and it worked well. I used the flat ones, as opposed to the slightly domed. The smooth surface makes the inside of the tonehole (on closed keys) more like the rest of the bore. Be sure that they are put in by a quality tech as the precision of the pad installation will improve response even more significantly than the resonator choice. Hej do!

#3 ·
Hello Thomsax!
I've just put Precision Pads with flat metal resos (www.musicmedic.com) in my Dolnet Belair Tenor (ca. 1960).
For me it's the first time I installed pads by myself.
They work very good although I'm a novice on installing pads - I'm really astonished. I think the choice of resos is not that big influence to the sound of a sax as far as you compare only metal resos.
I own a The Martin Tenor (as my main saxophone) and I got it overhauled with Kangaroo Pads and Resotech Resos (silver) and all I can say is that it works very good (because of the quality rebuild by a real professional here in Austria), but not that better than the Dolnet with much cheaper Precision Pads.

Maybe the leather is a much more influental fact wheather how long pads can last and the precision work while installing, how the sax itself responses.

All other sounds are mainly your embouchure, choice of mouthpiece and choice of sax (american sound or french sound).

Regards,

Chris

#4 ·
Hello - Thank you for the info about the Reso-Tech on Dolnets. I will have silver Reso-Techs installed together with Kangaroo pads. The other day I also bought a Dolnet alto but that one is recently overhauled. Both my Dolnets are 35XXX horns. Best rgds & Hej då! from Sweden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.