Sax on the Web Forum banner

Dolnet Alto serial 33467C

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  FRB 
G
#1 ·
I bought a Dolnet Alto serial 33467C on ebay for less than $200. The horn itself is in a good condition. Without dents and dings. It has not been played for longtime and needs to be cleaned and restored in good condition. There is some laquer wear and certainly needs a repad. I want to restore this sax in a good condition. Anyone knows what kind of pads to use on this sax? The original red pads did not have a resonator. Should i use new pads without resonators? Does someone has experience on this. The neck seems to be original but the octave machanism is not original dolnet and has been repaired. If someone has an octave mechanism available do not hesitate to contact me. Also wenn i look on pics of old Buescher alto horns they seem to have the same kind of octave mechanism. Maybe a buescher octave mechanism can be adapted to fit the Dolnet.

#2 ·
Hi Nautisax,

I have a Dolnet alto serial 471xx. It has been re-paded and has now plastic resonators (selmer type). Unfortunately I don't know how the sax was before this action but now it has a lovely tone. It's a quite dark/mellow sound and it is very even between the registers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.