P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: double and triple case

Default double and triple case

cases for more then one sax (tenor/alto,tenor/sop,bari/alto) is there anything like that. for right now im looking for a tenor/sop case they are willing to sell especially reunion blues tenor/sop case these are the only ones i've seen surprised that selmer doesnt have them like they do for alto that would be great if they did.

thanks,

stefane

Distinguished SOTW Member

Stefane: Issues surrounding multi-horn cases have been discussed at length on this site.

Yes, there are cases that accomodate altos, clarinets, and flutes (probably tenors, too, but I have not looked for them).

I once had a case specially made for an alto, straight soprano, and clarinet AND all the accessories. The problem is that such cases are HEAVY. If you have to carry it any distance, you will be suffering. In MY view, carrying three separate cases is much easier than one case with three instruments. DAVE
    Dave

Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor

Some manufacturer offered an alto/bari case., but didn't sell many. The mandatory fork lift made the price too high.
    Last edited by retread; 03-07-2006 at 01:59 AM.

There are companies like Calzone and Anvil that will make a case to your specs.

Wink

Is a tripple alto/tenor/bari case allowed as carry-on when flying? ;-)
    Just had to ask.

Distinguished SOTW Member

Yes, as then they can carry 3 extra passenders to sit on it
    Dave

I've never seen a combo case, but I can imagine I'd not want to have one. I currently only have a tenor (although am looking for a bari I think), but at times, I was playing soprano, alto, tenor and bari all at once. Packing them into the car was a challenge and would have been even harder had I had one giant huge case to put into the car rather than one big case for the bari, one rather large tenor case, a kinda big alto case and a small soprano case.

It was all too comical when I'd be leaving the building with a bari in one hand and a piccolo in the other.