Sax on the Web Forum banner

Selmer La Voix: is the "Selmer sound" there?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rispoli 
#1 · (Edited)
There is not much discussion about the new Taiwan-made Selmer "La Voix".
Granted, Selmer USA never grabbed the attention of the French sibling, however this model seems to have potentials (red brass, power bell).

Did anyone of you try one, especially Tenor? Does it retain at least some of the so called "Selmer sound" or is just another "average-anonymous sounding" product from Asia?

I think the raving reviews that P.Mauriat saxophones are getting demonstrate that being Taiwan-made is not necessarily a bad thing also quality-wise.

Thanks everyone

#4 ·
My daughter(the older one)and I tried a La Voix Alto. We found it very powerful but also bright and strident sounding. This w/ a selmer "larry Teal" Mthpc. We ended up buyting her a Cannonball A1E "Bg Bell". Tried the La voix at Sam Ash.

#5 ·
JPSaxMan said:
Hey rispoli...

I have an online review @: www.geocities.com/fishman072003/la_voix

I have sound clips on my MySpace page: Brahms Lullaby and Maiden Voyage were both done on my Selmer LaVoix with a Dukoff D7. That setup is changing, but I'll leave it up to you if it has the superior "French" sound :D
JP,
I read your review, however I am not able to find any sound clip on your MySpace page: where are them?

Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.