Sax on the Web Forum banner

Contour case for B991

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  3saxes 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for contour cases for B991 Yanis. The Winter specifically says it fits Selmer, Yamaha, Keilwerth...anybody know which design might work for yani? Several of the venues where I practice and perform involve lots of stairs, so the BAM doesn't appeal. I'm committed to on the back or over the shoulder.

#2 ·
I usually carry my BAM over the shoulder or on the back. Why can't you? In fact it is easier to carry over the shoulder/on the back than in your hand when in stairs.

The Yanagisawa (and Yamaha) is basically a Selmer clone so if it fits a Selmer it will (most likely) fit your Yani.

I have a low Bb Mark VI and the horn and BAM together weighs about the same as the _empty_ original case. :)

#3 ·
I tried putting a Yani 991 in a Selmer case (regular case) that fits my low Bb Mark VI snugly. It went in (the case accomodated the extra length of bell) but it wasn't a good fit. Ditto with the VI in the Yani case. The angle of the bell to the body is different between the two horns. Maybe the Series II is closer to the Yani.

#8 ·
The BAM high tech hard case, the one everyone talks about, not only has wheels but also comes with removable back straps. It is lighter and more protective than the stock Yani case, but not super-lightweight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.