Sax on the Web Forum banner

DOLNET PARIS MANTES

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Pinnman 
#1 ·
Hello every body,
I have a Eb alto sax - dolnet paris mantes. i've checked and managed to find that it is a horn from between 1940 to 1950 by the serial (#23377) but i can't find explenation about this model i didn't found any reference to "dolnet paris mantes. i've heard it is rare maby some manufacturing between 2 models. anyway if anyone know something about it i would like to know.
thank you.

#3 ·
Hello, i've checked SAXPICS but could not find any reference to that specific MANTES word only i got the information of it's beeing a sax from between 40' to 50' by the serial number. and i wonder if it is a specific adition or some kind of dolnet test between to major models and if so what it's value since i've been told that this specific sax is one of only about 100 pices in the world
if you know something please share with me.

thank you

#4 ·
Try http://www.saxpics.com/dolnet/ paragraph 5 where you will see written, " I understand that there were two partners in the Dolnet company, going by the names of Messieurs Pigis and Lefevre; their workshop was situated at Mantes".

Mantes was also home to Selmer, Leblanc, Noblet, Buffet, Beaugnier, SML & Malerne.

If there is something speciall about your sax, Pete at saxpics or the columnist, Laurie Pimblett, would be interested and be able to help, I am sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.