Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: didgeridoo players?

I have a wide collection of regularly played Didges ranging from the low B to about D#. I also have a multi drone F to low F didge that I constructed myself. I've been playing for several years and love it - I vary between a multitude of different styles and sounds. I mastered circular breathing a couple years ago and can play just about any didge out there. [/end brag]

I can play. Mine is PVC. It's tuned to a D. I replaced the rubber mouthpiece with bees wax. If you look in YouTube, there are many videos showing techniques. Since mine isn't very wide, I have more than enough air and have to empty my lungs once in a while or the air goes bad. It sounds very good with saxophone.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wrate View Post
    I cant believe there is only one australian that has posted saying they can play.. i can play
    I can play, sort off, I also have a local contact that makes traditional didgies, boomerangs, paintings etc
    Life is to short to get caught up in the truth, Relax and just let life go on by, move at your own pace and rhythm
    www.mirwa.com.au

the aboriginal name is the waka-di as that is the sound produced as you say waka-di waka-di waka-di the circular breathing is inherant in the sound....during the first wa you rush the air into the instrument causing turbulance that allows you to take a breath through your nose......
    a great way to LEARN to circular breath
    SML Revision D Tenor Otto Link Slant Sig 7* Brillhart HR Sakshama Lost Wax Guardala MBII in sterling silver Theo Wanne Wood Ambika 7* Strathon 7* Stan Getz Legend 7*
    R&C curvy soprano Wanne Gaia 8 soprano mouthpiece

check out cloud9didgeridoos. Beautifully crafted by a friend of mine.

I was playing around with Premiere CS5 tonight and made a short video with some of my didgeridoo playing in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W47HVzMOxok

Put together with some video, art and music I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12