Sax on the Web Forum banner

Phil-Tone & Theo Wanne Tribute vs Phil Barone Jazz Metal Tenor Mouthpiece

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  skeller047 
#1 ·
Initially I was looking at Otto Link STMs but I heard they suffer from consistency issues. Then I heard that these two mouthpieces are very good copies with better production quality. So I was wondering if anyone had played them side by side before and what did you think of these mouthpieces?

#2 ·
I haven't played the Barone Jazz mouthpiece (though I have one of his Hollywood pieces), and I did a review during a passaround of the Tribute. The Tribute is a really, really great mouthpiece, I would not hesitate to recommend it. Barone's Hollywood piece is good too, though it's not quite up my alley, but it's very well made and plays perfectly. Like I said, I don't know about the Jazz model.

One thing - the facing is a little shorter on the Barone Hollywood vs. the Tribute, again I'm not sure if that holds over to the Jazz piece or not. And I don't know if that makes a difference to you :) (It does to me.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.