Sax on the Web Forum banner

Stone Series tenor much better than Global Series tenor

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Eddie boi 
#1 ·
My friend told me that he played the Stone Series tenor and Global Series tenor. He feel Stone Series tenor much better than Global Series tenor .
I have Global Series tenor and i haven't play the Stone Series tenor , so have anybody know that is turth?
thanks!

#3 ·
The Raven model and a few Brutes from the Stone series really stood out to me compared to the others in the Global Series. Better tone IMHO.

#8 ·
I played two globals and didn't particularly like them. I bought a big bell mad meg and played it pretty happily for two years. I remember liking the vintage reborn a little more but I couldnt afford it at the time - I found the mad meg used. I have not played a cankonball in several years and I have been happier with Macsax and the P Mauriat 66rul a LOT more than cannonball. But. Pete Christlieb sounds awfully damn good on his cannonball vintage reborn.

#10 ·
The GA Series is designed to be brighter, and easier to play the altissimo notes. It comes with 2 necks, and it has different key pads. G had a role in designing the instruments with his preferences. He plays a GA in concerts and albums. He pays Lagere Reeds and he has a custom mouth piece, which really influences the way the instrument sounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.