Sax on the Web Forum banner

Prayers for Paris

6K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  Ballad state of mind 
#1 ·
The terror attacks today on Paris have killed over 140 people. Such a senseless tragedy.

I pray our that our fellow SOTW members, and all the Paris population, are safe.

Please take the time to pray, meditate, and send positive vibes to Paris and its people.

- Saxaholic

#4 ·
God Bless all the innocent victims and France tonight under hyper alert with borders closed
We can all easily imagine a wonderful fall evening on the town in beautiful Paris being destroyed by these sub-humans.
What a world with no solution to this mess in sight.

#5 ·
I am quite upset by the news and my heart goes out to the people of Paris, a city I dearly love and always enjoy being in. I hope that the French police and army are able to kill or capture the other terrorists at large and end this horrific event.

I found out about it when I had just gotten off the stage from playing at the Friday night jam session that I go to downtown. News started to come in on my cell's news app about Paris and also being in Europe this is always worrying. Bit by bit it got worse and here at home now at 4 a.m. after watching the news it is even worse. The whole city is locked down and the border closed because they believe that most of the terrorists are still at large. I have friends from N.Y. there on vacation who are o.k. but don't know if they will be able to leave on Sunday to come here (Barcelona) by train on Sunday as planned.

Worse still, my wife is scheduled to leave on Friday for Paris to chaperone a class of seniors going there for their end of school trip. I am really worried and don't want her to go if the school doesn't cancel the trip altogether. First the Charlie Hebdo attacks and Kosher Market attacks, then the murders at the Jewish centers, and now this total atrocity. Paris is such a wonderful city and this is too awful to make a trip there a pleasant experience, which is what these terrorists want. Even so I hope they postpone the trip.

And of course we here in Barcelona are fully aware that the next place they may strike is here or Madrid. Plenty of terrorist wannabes live here and so they keep arresting people who are recruiting for ISIS or trying to go to Syria to train or fight. Women as well as men, and not all Arabs or Muslims either. While one cannot live in fear, knowing that this is a real possibility here in a major European city, it is not easy to ignore or dispel from the other negative realities of city life.

#16 ·
This is really awful.

We have just crossed into France on the way to Paris. Everyone is just very quiet.

All our thoughts are with the families, it seems very strange to be headed towards a gig at a club in Paris.
I thought that they said that the government had closed off the city to travel in or out. Whatever the case Pete, stay away from places where people congregate so you can stay safe.

#17 ·
I lived there for four years in the 1990s. I spoke French only in my daily life and came to understand the French culture and ethos. It was the best time of my life.

I just cannot understand how these callous swine can vent their spleen against innocent ordinary human beings just going about their normal lives. May the swine rot, slowly.

#22 ·
My wife and I visited Paris last year a few months before our little girl was born. We often think of the time fondly and wonder when we would be able to walk the city again to revisit some places and to search out places we didn't have a chance to experience.
I hope one day we'll find it the same beautiful, peaceful city.
Even last year, we saw a lot of police or para-military armed with automatic weapons in Gared de Lyon. I hope the new realities don't bring more guns in the open after this immediate crisis. But perhaps, I am naive. Sigh...

#28 ·
Thank you so much BSM for that wonderful song. Abby was such a wonderful singer and I've always loved her both for that and for her activism. An immortal voice singing music that will never die, no matter what some people say. RIP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.