Sax on the Web Forum banner

Thanks to Charles Gray for working on my Low A Conn DJH bari sax

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  LateNiteSax 
#1 ·
Thanks to Charles Gray for working on my Conn DJH Mod. bari sax

I've had this wonderful horn for a long time, and after many years of frustration with stuffy low notes and many attempts to get it playing well, I finally decided to bring it to THIS GUY... Yeah the one who restored that disaster of a bass saxophone... Charles did 2 major things. He soldered the body to the bow, and he manufactured a new neck receiver. The original one was distorted, and the neck never fit snugly into it. He got it RIGHT. This thing is now really playing WAYYYY better from low D on down to low A. I can use a harder reed and feel totally secure playing out with this horn now. We A/Bd with his SA80ll Bari. Mine is brighter and more aggressive, and his his definitely darker, more spread and more velvety sounding. Thanks Charles!! Drinkware Wind instrument Musical instrument Serveware Household hardware
Musical instrument Drinkware Gas Metal Cylinder
Musical instrument Brass instrument Automotive lighting Wind instrument Amber
He also did a bunch of typical adjustments to the sax. Heres a look at what he did...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Lawrence!! Was deff an interesting sax - one that I have never seen before. And Joe shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Once the world knows about my cork grease my life as we know it will be over!!

#5 ·
I have similarly had to make neck receivers for 4 or 5 Keilwerth stencil baritones in the past 5 years. The original design was ridiculously flimsy on all of them, King Tempos, Couf Superbas, Conn DJHs...all of them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.