Sax on the Web Forum banner

YBS-L3 mouthpiece

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mrzel 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a YBS-L3 mouthpiece that seems to be an early Yamaha baritone mouthpiece. Anyone knows it?

Tool Cylinder Office supplies Tints and shades Auto part

I'm about to get a YBS-32 baritone and I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or not. I guess I will find out for myself when I get the sax, but I couldn't find any references about this mouthpiece on the web. The closest things I've seen is a YTS-M2 mouthpiece for sale on ebay and a TS-S2 on doctorsax, both referring to Yamaha mouthpieces.

JT

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. It sounds promising! The bari, not the mouthpiece... It comes with a Vando B35 V5 and a Selmer S80 so that should get me started. Sadly I will have to be patient as I won't get my hands on it before 7 weeks or so, unless I find a good excuse to travel south earlier than planned ...

#6 ·
i did have a ybs-m2 brand new that i found and sold....
not sure how it played though....
i presume the M stood for medium chamber and your could be L for large chamber...
the 3 i am not sure about as most 61 yamaha's i have had have had mouthpieces with the number 2 on them....
anyways,good luck with the yamaha bari,they are great horns i think....
cheers,philip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.