Sax on the Web Forum banner

I need a new sax

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  P Doyle 
#1 ·
Hi everybody! This is my first post on SOTW sooo yeah.. I need a new sax.. Im looking at a Buffet crampon 400 but i dont know if its thats good.. I use vandoren V16s and a Vandoren optimum AL4 mouthpiece and a rovner ligature for my setup but all i need a need now is a good jazzy sax that can fit my needs when i enter jazz band this year at my school.

Thanks! :):):):):)

#5 ·
What are you playing now and why do you need to change? What's your budget in ball park figures? Are you looking for new or used? Modern or Vintage? How long have you been playing? Etc? We can't help you without knowing the details.

#7 ·
welcome to SOTW.

It pays dividends to look around the archives of this forum.

So, for example a search of the term Buffet 400 will return 4590 hits and you can read there, at leisure about this saxophone and will get way more information than starting a new thread

http://www.saxontheweb.net/Resource...=www.saxontheweb.net/&ref=&ss=2543j1038411j11

Also, you are not the first who comes to this forum in his quest for a new saxophone

a broad search like " need new sax" returns 24000 hits (one of which is yours) I am sure you can find some more information among all those threads.

http://www.saxontheweb.net/Resource...url=www.saxontheweb.net/&ref=&ss=697j134877j5

Happy reading and good luck

#8 ·
The OP appears to have taken a powder.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

#10 ·
:), might be, but ( and this is no criticism to Gary nor a reproach to OP) I am not just saying " use the search function", I go through the bother of offering examples and demonstrating how using the search function, especially for the newcomers who might not be aware of it, is really more advantageous than starting a new thread on the hopscotch.

The amount of answers to these all too common questions that one can find in the archives are incommensurably more, deeper and wider that you can get with a new thread.

#13 ·
Very true my dear friend. And might I add that neither do you have Gary's tone....not to knock him, mind you......which was often strident and accusatory, and intentional or not, quite off-putting to timid newbies. LOL

Not to get too analytical about it, I think he lived in Germany at that time so perhaps it was due to over-identification with the classic Teutonic temperament. You know, "You vill use ze serch funkzion or ellz, Schweinhund!!

Not too long after moving to Texas he started to mellow out, and now is an absolute pussycat. Do you think that the fact that they execute people who get too overzealous about the search function could have caused that transformation? Or was it perhaps guilt at having been the trigger that precipitated those sIx newbie alto players to commit suicide by driving off a cliff together the night before band tryouts were to begin??

We'll never know until he writes his memoirs.

[emoji57][emoji57][emoji12][emoji12][emoji48][emoji28][emoji56][emoji56]

Then again, maybe it was that one night with Scarlett Johansson that changed him. Breasts like those can have magical powers you know. [emoji12][emoji14][emoji7]

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Yep....big waste of time, as in this case, and thus a good reason to just tell them to use the search function. The OP posted the OT and never returned. He was probably overwhelmed with all the help and fled in fright. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.