Sax on the Web Forum banner

Yamaha LTD Edition - Vintage Bronze Model (NEW)

6K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Dave Dolson 
#1 ·
Didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd start one up. If this is double, feel free to merge or shut down. Anyway, just got this in an e-mail from Yamaha Canada last week. Up here north of the border it looks like altos will start around 3,200.00 and go as high as 4,200.00 depending on the model. Tenors look to be around 5000.00.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Nah, I think they just melted down a huge pile of those F# keys they had lying around that nobody wants anymore, then mixed that resultant slop with some of that fancy-schmancy "French Brass" they helped themselves to while the folks at the Paul Mauriat factory were sleeping, and then, voilà: Vintage Bronze, and Bob's yer uncle!

#10 ·
Hmm...just guessing with other makers making horns with a "vintage lacquer" finish Yamaha has decided to offer another piece of flare to the deal by offering a vintage lacquer horn made of bronze.

#12 ·
"Vintage Bronze lacquer finish"

"conveys a classic look"

I don't see how this competes with Yanagisawa, who actually makes horns OUT OF BRONZE.

According to Yamaha's literature, this is lacquer. NOT bronze.

Looks pretty though.

Here's repost of ad from OP. The words are all there. Musical instrument Reed Reed instrument Wind instrument Music

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.