Sax on the Web Forum banner

Series 2 ROCKS

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Kritavi 
#1 ·
Been playing my Series 2 tenor for about 6 months without touching my 67 V1. Went back on the V1 yesterday...just tried the Series 2.. The V1 is back in the case. Might have to let it go.

King Super 20 is the King

#3 ·
Yes Griff I can see why. My V1 feels a bit machine like after playing the Series 2. I've always had V1 tenors ..this one since 88. I will sell it if I can get a decent price..it's still close to new condition.. Freddy Gregory said he knew people who would sell their grandma..maybe it was the Russian equivalent but he liked it.

#5 ·
Yes Bruce. I think like many it was a generational thing as well. Nearly everyone I grew up listening to played a Mark V1. Junior Walker, King Curtis and most of the English rock and jazz players so I'll never be a Selmer knocker. I have played some great Mark V1's of all sizes.
I also loved a lot of players who played S20's too.

I made a decision to sell some of my Mark V1's in order to buy a couple of instruments I've wanted for a long time A contrabass flute ..either a Kotato or a Kingma...I'm leaning towards the Kotato and/or an Eppelsheim Paperclip Contra cl
arinet.

#11 ·
Ha ha..I think Super Action 80 was talking Selmers. I had a Super 80 for a short time I can't remember what it was like. Apart from my King my honest fondest memory of a tenor was my student Yamaha in the late 70s. Was it a 23 or 32? Either way it had a lightish sound but it really played well with great intonation . I wish Id kept it. I will get a 61 Yamaha one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.