Sax on the Web Forum banner

SML look like neck ? made by King

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  danodownunder 
#1 ·
Can anyone shed light on what model king had this style of neck ? it fits my 450xxx early eastlake and its shape is very S20 and intonation is spot on

#4 ·
Yes this is the one i have on my 450xxx ... i had this neck lying around the work shop and new it was a king... my horn arrived with a Zeph neck on it and was stuffy ... this one is very free blowing and bright and intonation is spot on .... so thanks for the link .... i had seen a thread way back where some one had posted that theses necks were a good fix for dodgy intonation on some kings .... they are a wee bit longer... i would love to try a stock neck or two as i do feel a little body is lacking ... But hey i live wayer down under }:.. thanks

#7 ·
I don't think UMI manufactored any saxes stamped with King Super 20. Just a few Super 21. Didn't SML and King started to collaborate in the 60's. The King Mariigaux saxes were built in France to Kings specifications. And they made the necks as well. But the King Super 20 was built in USA.

#8 ·
Mmmm and thanks...... i have a REVD sml and its pretty much the same as a king marigaux they are great horns but definatly not US kings .......and i have serviced a lot of them over the decades ... this neck tho looking like my SML neck is very different dimensions and has the same S20 octave pip and dimensions as underslung s20 neck but is a little lighter wall construct ... ?:bluewink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.