Sax on the Web Forum banner

All my stuff stolen 4-21-14 Nor Cal RECOVERED!!!

8K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  Dr G 
#1 · (Edited)
Monday morning in Manteca, CA our vehicle was broken into and four saxophones were stolen.

Almost everything recovered. All 4 horns home.

dv

#7 ·
Re: All my stuff stolen 4-21-14 Nor Cal

Watch Craigslist, and contact all the local pawn shops.
... and music stores. That's where my Mk VI showed up. I got lucky - the "alleged" thief took my horn to the very shop that had maintained it for years. They recognized it, and distracted/delayed the guy until the cops arrived.

Good luck.

#17 ·

Watch eBay and Craigslist too.

#18 ·

Oh my god. I'm so sorry. After my last summer, although it turned out well for me, I know all too well how you feel right now. Best of luck, keep publicizing your loss and maybe good things will happen. I have a friend selling a brilliant True Tone silverplate alto if insurance pays out and you want to replace it. Same guy who sold me the Balanced Action when my series III disappeared.

#21 ·

Way back when I worked in camera stores, something like 90+% of cameras that were stolen were stolen from peoples' cars (including the trunk). Has made me totally paranoid about leaving stuff in the car. Would have been hard to carry around three altos and a bari, though.

#22 ·

Great news! My buddy Terry called during lunch, one of his students was approached yesterday by another student about buying some saxes. Terry recognized my horns, called his school office, they called the police, and today he called me.

The Buescher alto was dropped. Dented the tube up by the tenon receiver, so the upper E tonehole can't be covered, and the side keys are jacked, but it can all be fixed.

Still missing my Real Books, my Selmer E mpc and my carryall bag, but hopefully they are at the thief's house and I'll get them back soon.

Thanks to the community here for all the offers to be on the lookout.

dv

#28 ·

Great news! My buddy Terry called during lunch, one of his students was approached yesterday by another student about buying some saxes.
The guy deserves extra hard time for his stupidity. What an idiot.

#25 ·

Great news, indeed!

You must be doing something right.

#31 ·
Wow!! What a stroke of luck that was!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.