P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Gorgeous Conn "1918" C-Melody for sale:

Default Gorgeous Conn "1918" C-Melody for sale:

Good Evening Everyone:

I'm looking to purchase a Bass Clarinet (Selmer/Yamaha, so I’m going to be listing some various equipment for sale. The first listing is a Conn 1918 C-Melody saxophone in overall excellent condition, but could stand some minor adjustments. It was purchased at PM Woodwinds in Chicago, Illinois and was described to me as being gold plated. I have seen some wear spots that appear to have silver plating under the gold wear, but I'd rather just sell it as a plain lacquered horn so that their are no discrepancies. The horn is in excellent condition but would benefit from some minor tweaking. I can however play a full scale on her with no issues. It features an original C-Melody mouthpiece blank included with the horn that is in excellent condition. It's easy to see that not this horn does not have a lot of playing time. Finally, the horn comes with an original case in excellent condition with minor scuffs.

I’m asking for $400.00 with insured shipping to the lower 48 states. (Cashier’s Check, Money Order or Personal PayPal.) Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. I appreciate your time and business and am open to "reasonable offers." Instrument will be shipping from Chicago, Illinois and local pickup is always welcome.

Clarinet: Selmer Centered Tone (R Series) Bass Clarinet: Wanted...
    Soprano Selmer Super Action 80 Series II (Jubilee) Tenor: Selmer Reference 36/ '52 Buffet Dynaction
    Alto: Selmer Super Action 80 Series II (Jubilee) Baritone(s): Selmer Mark VI (Low-A)

Default Re: Gorgeous Conn "1918" C-Melody for sale:

Once again that I want to reiterate that offers are gladly acceptable! =)
    Soprano Selmer Super Action 80 Series II (Jubilee) Tenor: Selmer Reference 36/ '52 Buffet Dynaction
    Alto: Selmer Super Action 80 Series II (Jubilee) Baritone(s): Selmer Mark VI (Low-A)

Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician

If you sell the horn with the original case, you can probably sell that DEG replacement case for a good price as they don't make them anymore.

My thoughts exactly. The case might be worth as much as the horn.

P.M. Sent
    Derrick
    '23 Martin Handcraft C Soprano, '59 Martin Indiana Alto, '25 Buescher Tru-Tone C Melody, '48 Martin The Martin - I guess I'm pretty much a Martin fan!

All messages have been replied to, but she's still available and waiting for a good home. =)

Does $375.00 shipped in the CONUS Sound like a fair price? I am open to offers if you'd like to private message them.

Respectfully,
    John

Good Morning my SAXOTW family. I'm still burning for a bass clarinet, so how does $300.00 with shipping in the CONUS sound? I know someone must be feeling the trigger finger for this great deal! =)

Okay, How does $275.00 shipped in the CONUS Sound? I'd also totally be interested in trading it for Yanagisawa Metal baritone saxophone piece in either 5 or six. I'm also very curious to try one of those "wood"neck pipes for the bari sax. The proper name is currently is escaping me.

Respectfully,
    John

Okay folks, $250.00 shipped in the CONUS.

Forum Contributor 2011 SuperMadHatter's Avatar

PM sent
    You say "Bish-er", I say "Boosh-er", let's call the whole thing off.........

Forum Contributor 2013 AcidRa1n's Avatar

Amazing price someone should buy it...
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Be Happy

Great opportunity to get a nice C melody with a non-smelly case without the e-flay risks and fees.

If I didn't have too many C-melodies already...

Pending Sale

SOLD... =)

Item sold. Thread closed.
    Mike S.
    SOTW Administrator/Staff