Sax on the Web Forum banner

King Silversonic with full pearls... someone scored!!!!

16K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  sax0naut 
#1 ·
#61 ·
The resale on this horn was a scam. Someone hacked an ebay account and listed the horn with a "no PayPal" clause. Wire transfer only. They lifted the photos from Quinn's prior auction. I actually bid on the horn and won. I told the buyer, who pretended to be Birmingham, UK, that I would pick it up and pay cash. That scared him off.

#58 ·
I´ve seen that from time to time that a horn is passed to the next buyer with the same pics and text after only a couple of weeks or even days.
Maybe some horns on ebay are sometimes not as great as they were announced.
So buying on ebay needs taking care of what you´ll spend your money.
Pat

#59 · (Edited)
You`re absolutely right with this Pat, but in this case I don`t think so.
Would you bring up a "no reserve auction" with a horn for that you payed 10, 12 or even 15k USD?
There has been no ebay feedback on any deal like this in the sellers feedbacks, and the seller has no feedback as a seller at all.
I hope that the buyer uses PayPal and not any kind bank transfair as the seller wanted; the money may be lost.
If I´m wrong I congratulate the buyer (and of course I`ll be a bit pissed that I got no answers to my mails, because I would have given more for the horn...) :mumum:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.