Sax on the Web Forum banner

Post a clip of your R&R/R&B/Blues playing here!

153K views 589 replies 126 participants last post by  Mrblackbat 
#1 ·
Seeing the success of the other similar thread, I thought maybe we should do something similar in this area. I have posted a few things over there, but they are far more jazz oriented, so I feel out of place.

As for me, I have been playing covers with my band, Excellent Adventure, as well as doing some recording via the internet. I have collaborated with guys in Athens, GA, Paris and Sweden... here are a few links

http://www.soundclick.com/sethbata
Outside
(this one...I had a tough time with as you will probably hear, found it hard to lock into a rhythm, but he liked it)

http://www.soundclick.com/kimnguyen
There's a Song
(this one, I soloed for about half the time, expecting a guitar solo to fill the rest, instead he pasted back in one of my backing lines, so it sounds kind of odd to me, like the solo climaxes, and then just sputters along... not what I intended, but it's not my tune.)

BTW, I am Omegaman...;-)

so if you've got'em post 'em ;-)

See less See more
#277 ·
Well, it sounds might fine to me so I don't know what to criticise. I think if I were to find areas to improve, then more variation in tone and effects. You have good timing, funky feel and use the entire range of the instrument very well.

I only heard half the clip, it took a long time to stream, but I would say that you repeat yourself a couple of times (a nice pentatonic lick). Variation and building in tone could include some growling and altissimo in appropriate places to build excitement. Maybe just stretch out on some long notes wailing a bit.

#276 ·
Oh and since my editing skills are obviously lacking.......the song is "Never gonna let you" and my solo starts at 1:34 and then resumes at 2:48.........once again the audio quality is distorted but if you turn the bass levels down that helps make it a little cleaner...thanks....the original post is from jan 7 2009

#294 ·
This was at a club ..... the drummer got the gig ...... typical bar band.... with the exception of the guitar player .... who is extraordinary ..... a natural ....... I recorded it ..... the sax solo is near the end ....... when I heard the solo I couldn't believed it was so good .... I could remember playing it ..... the details..... I was thinking like a sonofabitch .... I knew everything worked at the time, i.e. as it went by, and I knew that I'd played a few little angles that I had'nt played before, but I didn't know the whole thing came out beyond perfect ...... I've listened to it probably 1000 times .... you can crank the vol way up .... just gets better .... even now it kills me .... check the guitar sound .... clear as a bell ... ....and just call me .... narcissus

http://www.berkeleyscience.com/jam/bluelegacy/Nadine.mp3

I like my playing best by far when I'm playing beyond my ability .... when I'm in the zone so to speak ..... without drugs ! ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.