P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Trouvaille

Default Trouvaille

Je viens de dégoter une clarinette au marché aux puces. Elle est en bon état. Número de série : 29556. Le site Buffet en indique 2 clarinettes : BCF1180NI et une Evette. Si l'on en a des reseignements je te dois une belle chandelle, même deux ! Merci d'avance. Le tube n'a que la marque Buffet Crampon et Cie, made in France avec le numéro de série.
    Merci d'avance, Carl

Forum Contributor 2013 SimonJazzSax's Avatar

Default Re: Trouvaille

I can't understand.
    Just remember to make the best MUSIC you have the ability to make. If you do that, you are a successful musician.

I'm sorry. I thought this was a French language place. Okay, I just bought a used clarinet at a flea market. I haven't touched a clarinet since I was 18, many long years ago, but because this was a Buffet, I couldn't resist. The only thing wrong with it is that the thumb rest had been knocked off. That can easily be repaired. My problem is trying to determine just what I have here. I put the serial number on the Buffet site and it came back with two different instruments. One was an Evette. I think it would have been stamped Evette someplace if it were that. The other is a BCF1180NI, whatever that is. From what I've researched I can't tell if this is an R13 or not. Even if it isn't, it's a lovely grenadilla wood instrument with nickel keys and appears to be in excellent condition. I have to get the thumb rest fixed and some reeds and then we'll see if I can remember anything about getting my embouchure back into shape. If you know anything about these instruments, please let me know. The best I ever had as a kid was a Conn student clarinet. Thanks, Carl

Distinguished SOTW member/Official SOTW Sister bandmommy's Avatar

You did post in the French speaking section, but for some unknown reason your post popped up on the English speaking section.

If you can post some photos it might be helpful in determining just what you have. Or...
    Check out clarinetperfection and see if there is any helpful information there. Steve has lots of photos of the makers marks and descriptions of many different years, makes, models. You may get lucky and find one like yours.

FWIW... I have a 1973 Buffet Evette Master Model. The serial # starts with a letter. ie, D33XXX
    Old reed players are like fine wine. They only get better with age. Tom Hagen

Play the Music, not the instrument.

Distinguished SOTW Member.

It is possibly a pre R-13 Buffet, made in the late 1940's. Go to the link below for history and pictures in the Buffet section.

http://clarinetperfection.com/

Distinguished SOTW Member.

Here is a quicker link to what you seek.

http://www.clarinetperfection.com/clsnBuffet.htm

Distinguished SOTW member daigle65's Avatar

Voici un excellent forum pour tout ce qui touche la clarinette:

http://www.clarinette.net/forum/phpBB3/

Vous y trouverez peut-être réponse à votre question.
    " M'enfin ! " ....Gaston Lagaffe

Thanks, I'll try that. Carl