Sax on the Web Forum banner

My bari sax case in fiber glass...

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  saxtek 
#1 ·
This is my bari sax case made in fiber glass by me. A new case is to expensive, so i made one in fiber glass...

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It does look very well built, and certainly much better than I woulda/coulda done. That said, the engineer in me wants to suggest putting some more space and padding on the bottom where the bow meets the wheels on your next version, so that big bumps in the sidewalk won't make it to the bow.

Great job on that!

#8 ·
One problem in playing the baritone is moving it. The original case did not fit in the trunk of my car ... and when I had to leave the house with him, was a problem. After extensive research for a best case. Had the idea to make a mold of the sax and coated the polyurethane with fiberglass. Even knowing that my training did not cover mold fiberglass. But I tried ... I confess that I reached a point where I felt like giving up. But a Portuguese man never gives up . Today I am proud. But if i need another, I will not do the same way. I learned a lot while doing this, and if by chance I need to do another, i will do better and faster. Thank you for your compliments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.