Sax on the Web Forum banner

LeBlanc Model 100 Alto- SN 1329

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  warp x 
#1 ·
A guy left his car unlocked while he dashed into the gas station to pay his bill. Sadly, he left his accordion in the back seat. It was only a few seconds, but when he came back- tragedy! There were two additional accordions sitting there...

Regrettably, when someone (in this case me) is idiot enough to do the same thing with a LeBlanc model 100 serial number 1329 (the LeBlanc system/ semi rationale model alto), new white Roo pads, in a black leather Reunion Blues gig bag, there were not three altos in the car upon my return...

It was a nice horn, I just recently finished repadding and adjusting the mechanism to a fare thee well, and I'm more than a little upset- though I've no one but myself (and Light Fingered Louie) to blame for its loss. If someone see's it pop up for sale somewhere I'd be grateful if you'd drop me a line.

There just aren't that many out there so it ought to stand out if it comes on the market.

Assuming I don't recover it- if someone has either a LeBlanc 100 or a Vito 35 (Vito LeBlanc system horn) I have a decent OEM hard shell case with an interior which fits the horns perfectly- nothing else really fits the horns well, and nothing else fits in the case. You pay shipping (from Minnesota), the case is free (you have to convince me you actually own a LeBlanc System horn to qualify; and the SN better not be 1329!).

See less See more
#6 ·
107X. I'm very happy to have it- as discussed between us earlier I never did adapt to the tenor's C#, and this from someone who has no real issue with 1920's keywork in general- but the alto has no such issue for me and I really do enjoy the LeBlanc horns' overall feel and sound. The 35's are very very similar- but somehow not quite "there"- at least for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.