P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: LeBlanc Model 100 Alto- SN 1329

Forum Contributor 2014

Default LeBlanc Model 100 Alto- SN 1329

A guy left his car unlocked while he dashed into the gas station to pay his bill. Sadly, he left his accordion in the back seat. It was only a few seconds, but when he came back- tragedy! There were two additional accordions sitting there...

Regrettably, when someone (in this case me) is idiot enough to do the same thing with a LeBlanc model 100 serial number 1329 (the LeBlanc system/ semi rationale model alto), new white Roo pads, in a black leather Reunion Blues gig bag, there were not three altos in the car upon my return...

It was a nice horn, I just recently finished repadding and adjusting the mechanism to a fare thee well, and I'm more than a little upset- though I've no one but myself (and Light Fingered Louie) to blame for its loss. If someone see's it pop up for sale somewhere I'd be grateful if you'd drop me a line.

There just aren't that many out there so it ought to stand out if it comes on the market.

Assuming I don't recover it- if someone has either a LeBlanc 100 or a Vito 35 (Vito LeBlanc system horn) I have a decent OEM hard shell case with an interior which fits the horns perfectly- nothing else really fits the horns well, and nothing else fits in the case. You pay shipping (from Minnesota), the case is free (you have to convince me you actually own a LeBlanc System horn to qualify; and the SN better not be 1329!).

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 warp x's Avatar

Default Re: LeBlanc Model 100 Alto- SN 1329

Your horn got stolen? Oh man, that s*cks. Hopefully it will surface in some way.

Forum Contributor 2014

Quote Originally Posted by warp x View Post
    Your horn got stolen? Oh man, that s*cks.
    It certainly does!

Forum Contributor 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Henry D View Post
    It certainly does!
    While my LeBlanc alto ( SN 1329 ) is still out there presumably being used to play smooth jazz by some dishonest swine (actually, the dishonest swine probably hocked it within hours and it is now probably in the hands of some perfectly nice guy or gal- who I wish well to in keeping with the spirit of the season, "may the brand new pads I had just installed last for a decade or more"), I am now the proud owner of yet another LeBlanc LeBlanc system alto. Glutton for punishment I suppose.

Knowing that you were all dying of curiosity- ho ho, Henry

Congrats on the new horn man. What serial number?

Forum Contributor 2014

Quote Originally Posted by warp x View Post
    Congrats on the new horn man. What serial number?
    107X. I'm very happy to have it- as discussed between us earlier I never did adapt to the tenor's C#, and this from someone who has no real issue with 1920's keywork in general- but the alto has no such issue for me and I really do enjoy the LeBlanc horns' overall feel and sound. The 35's are very very similar- but somehow not quite "there"- at least for me.

Default LeBlanc Model 100 Alto- SN 1329

Yeah, the low C# on tenor is a bit of a stretch, but I've gotten used to it by now. The LH high F# however is another matter. Usually I forget it's there. (Not a bad thing IMO)