Sax on the Web Forum banner

Long clip of Grassi Pro 2000 alto

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Luke84 
#1 ·
I have just discovered this clip of a Grassi Pro 2000 alto being played beautifully on a Theo Wanne advertisement.
Lovely playing & simply gorgeous sound....attributed not only to the horn, but the player and the mouthpiece.
To those who had any doubts about the Grassi, I would ask you to listen.
It is up there with the very best.

#3 ·
Quite tenoresque I agree; but I suspect that the player's favourite horn is tenor.
Could be the Holy Grail....convert your Grassi alto to a tenor by the simple expedient of swapping mouthpieces. :bluewink:

#4 ·
soybean - I've played Beeflat's Grassi alto (and look forward to playing it again...) and it has a very strong sound low down, not at all 'plummy', makes you want to phrase more tenor'ish than alto'ish down there. Combined with a Durga mouthpiece, which has been reviewed as having a 'big' sound in the low register, it would appear to be a powerful combination - without sacrificing the gentler 'highs'.

Beeflat - you may be right about the player favouring tenor, here's a clip of what looks quite like the same sax player (uploaded by the same Youtube member as the Grassi clip) on a Jupiter tenor...

I think the player is Użytkownika Gawpol, from Rumia in Poland :bluewink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.