P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Business Card

Default Re: Your Business Card

Quite interesting. Does anyone have anything more specific than "Saxophonist" with Name, Number, E-mail? I was considering putting something along the lines of...
    "Multi-instrumentalist" "Lessons" "Performances" as a title? Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by saxguy007 View Post
    Also, great that so many asked for your card! If even ONE person ever follows up and gives you a gig, it's worth it.
    Thanks, It was rather exciting for all of us. I'm going to make some for myself, personally, and then some for the group with my number and a friends number.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Wow, I feel kind of low tech. I use a business card template in MS Word and Avery biz card paper. They make a good quality card stock that separates cleanly so you don't have those ratty looking edges like in the past.
    This is the route I was thinking, since it's free. Any other experiences with this? I'm still looking at the other sites as well, some of them look a bit more professional and specific.

Thanks!

-Bubba-
    As far as content I have a nice saxophone graphic in the corner, with my name, phone, email and website address on the card.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

unless you are really on a budget and/or need only a few visit cards, it is not worth going to print them on your home printer as opposed to Vistaprint or any similar system.

For what you pay there (again they have lots of offers which I use when I need cards) is no way that you can buy the paper, the ink, and spend all the time cutting the visit cards.

The result is very good and

Distinguished Member and Bass Sax Extraordinaire Helen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba06 View Post
    Quite interesting. Does anyone have anything more specific than "Saxophonist" with Name, Number, E-mail? I was considering putting something along the lines of...
    "Multi-instrumentalist" "Lessons" "Performances" as a title? Who knows...
    Another vote for Vista Print. The photo I use is in the lower left corner and is of the bell of my Martin in front of a Pearl kick drum. It was taken at a festival by our band's photographer. I then ran it through a number of effects in Photoshop to give it some great colours and definitions.

As far as text goes, the card lists my jazz band's name (Bassic Sax), my full name, my degree, and lists soprano, alto, tenor, baritone, and bass saxophones. Also of course it give my phone numbers (home & cell), email address, and website. On the back I have a little blurby that I'm available for live performances and studio work. It also lists the types and styles of music I'm experienced in.
    One day the bass saxophone will make a comeback, and rule the earth
    Bassic Sax (The website) Just Your Bassic Blog (The weblog: part of the website, but updated daily) Bassic Sax Pix (Lots of pretty sax photos)

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician Grumps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyMartinTenor View Post
    I did that, until I started getting some pretty awkward calls at work. Learned that lesson the hard way, and printed the saxophone cards. I keep both in my wallet.
    I'm my own shop, so awkwardness is expected!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12