P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Business Card

Default Your Business Card

I got asked by 5-10 people after my last gig for a business card, which I don't have. Therefore I'll be printing some this week.

What's on your business card?

Mucho Gracias,
    Bubba

I don't have music cards, but I have cards for my artwork. I have an image on one side and my info on the other. I list my name, number, email, and website. I also include a QR code that creates a vCard with all that info.

Default Re: Your Business Card

I use a web serviced called "Vistaprint". I designed the cards myself, included a photo, a phone number and an email address. I put a calendar on the back. The cards look great I think and the price was also reasonable. There are plenty of templates to choose from if you like and it is slightly cheaper if you don't import your own photos.
    Tenor: Saxart Creative Tenor Silverplate, Warburton LA 7*, ED Rovner lig.
    Alto: Selmer Mk VI, Barone Vintage, ED Rovner lig
    Soprano: Jupiter 947, Bari HR, ED Rovner lig

Forum Contributor 2014 Pete Thomas's Avatar

I think a QR code is a very good idea these days, esp if you have a website. Which is, of course, a good idea also.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

I have used Vistaprint for years and I have always managed to find one of their designs ( they have several with a saxophone or musical theme) to suit my needs and only once we (from a company I had back then) uploaded the logo and text ourselves.

Vistaprint has often these “ offers” where you can get 250 visit cards for shipping costs alone +extras (and there is where you will be sending a bit of money).

Last time I had a t-shirt made with my name and their logo on it. I have had also 500 address stickers made in the past they are useful too

http://www.vistaprint.com/gallery/MA...av&xnid=bottom

Moo.com seems quite good, although I've never actually ordered anything from them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Thomas View Post
    I think a QR code is a very good idea these days, esp if you have a website. Which is, of course, a good idea also.
    QR code - great idea!

I was given a right ticking off one night by a punter who couldn't believe we didn't have any business cards, told us how unprofessional we were.:tsk:
    Conn 10m RTH Tenor, Theo Wanne Kali 8, Rigotti Gold 2.5 reeds.

Albany, NY .. actually Chatham, NY ... but 'where is that??"

Mine says:
    VantagePoint Realty
    Allen Halstead
    Associate Broker
    Licensed in XX & XX
    Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Oh there's that dry sarcastic humor popping up AGAIN!!!
    Tenor ..1973 Selmer Mark VI #211xxx .... RPC .115B ... Vandoren M/O lig ...
    Alto ...Yanagisawa A991 #320XXX....RPC .090B ... Vandoren M/O lig ....
    Sop.... CB Vintage Reborn .... RPC .080...... Brancher gold Lig ....

+ 1 moo.com

That's who I use. Very good card stock, lots of options, and easy to print your own design or choose one of theirs.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 MyMartinTenor's Avatar

Mine has a picture of me on the side, and then says:

Name
    Indianapolis Saxophonist
    phone
    facebook.com/___

I do not have a website or anything, so I just use the facebook profile link. I also used Vistaprint.

No fancy designs or anything...

Just my name, phone number, email address, and instruments I play.

After reading through the responses to this thread, I guess in my next batch from Vistaprint, I'll add website and probably move the instruments played to the back
    Tenor: Yamaha YTS-61 (Otto Link STM/Fibracell, Selmer Soloist D/Vandoren BB) || Alto: Yamaha YAS-61 (Vandoren V16 A6S/Vandoren Java)
    Bari: Weltklang 3xxx (Vandoren V16 B9/RJS) || Clarinet: Selmer Series 9 (John Pierce/Vandoren BB)

I keep saying to myself that I should get cards, but cocktail napkins work fine, and don't just stay in someone's wallet unread.
    Sound guy theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- 3dB)
    Sax player theory of relativity: E=mc^2 (+or- .010" at the tip)
    "Free jazz is the vegemite of the musical world. It's an acquired taste."-J. Jacques

Vista Print or Overnight Print are both online printers, good quality and cheap, cheap, cheap. My card has a picture of me (same pic as my avatar) on the front (full bleed) and has my name, instruments, cell # and email on the back. Mine were done several years ago through Overnight Print.
    What I play is more important than what I play.

Distinguished SOTW Member

I played a freelance gig recently and someone came up and ask me for a card, they liked saxophone I guess. Anyway I don't have one but the piano player and bass player whipped their cards right out. I had to find a cocktail napkin like hakukani. They probably used it as toilet paper or to blow their nose.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012 dexdex's Avatar

Also used Vistaprint for the current batch. Name, address, phone & email on the frontside, plus "Saxophones" where you normally specify your job. There is a posterized sax player (me) on the low right corner.
    The back lists all 4 saxes and the 2 clarinets (Bb & Bass).
    Sop Yana SC880 - Vandoren V16 S6 - Fiberreed Carbon Classic MH ¦ Alto SA-II - Meyer 7M - Fiberreed Carbon M
    Tenor MkVII - Link STM 8* - Fiberreed Carbon M ¦ Bari SA-II - JJ ESP 7* - Fiberreed Carbon M
    Hear them on The Groove Merchant.

Jersey Shore, Pine Barrens, at Home, at work, or anyplace in between

I have one, used GotPrint.com I find their businesscards are cheaper and better quality than Vistaprint (which I use for other things) used one of their stock sax images, but I don't use the email address I had printed on them very much, so I don't hand them out. Focusing more on my video business anyway., But check out Gotprint.com

Distinguished SOTW Researcher Frank D's Avatar

Wow, I feel kind of low tech. I use a business card template in MS Word and Avery biz card paper. They make a good quality card stock that separates cleanly so you don't have those ratty looking edges like in the past.

As far as content I have a nice saxophone graphic in the corner, with my name, phone, email and website address on the card.

Forum Contributor 2009 saxguy007's Avatar

VistaPrint, where I uploaded to their site a jpg of a promo pic of me in a tux. Shot from the mid-chest up, shows top of tenor sax. Dark background + tux superimposed with white letters with my name address, phone, email, and web site. Cost about $12 if I recall. Worth it, tho.

Also, great that so many asked for your card! If even ONE person ever follows up and gives you a gig, it's worth it.
    Covering the bari part- because no-one else owns one...
    Cannonball "Lady Godiva" Vintage, Selmer Ref 36 and Barone MAC 8 tenors; Cannonball Stone Series and Mk VII altos; Cannonball Stone series soprano and bari

YouTube clip MySpace

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician Grumps's Avatar

I just hand them my attorney business card... and in the long run, generally make more money that way.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 MyMartinTenor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    I just hand them my attorney business card... and in the long run, generally make more money that way.
    I did that, until I started getting some pretty awkward calls at work. Learned that lesson the hard way, and printed the saxophone cards. I keep both in my wallet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast