P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Contoured cases known to fit Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series saxophones

Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011

Default Contoured cases known to fit Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series saxophones

I'm starting this thread to take some of the guesswork out of it for others.

These cases DEFINITELY worked for me.

Hiscox Proflite II alto and tenor
    Protec XL alto and tenor

Please list other shaped/contoured cases that you know for a fact have worked. (I know at least one person using Rheuben Allen cases, but I don't know for which voices).

Alan
    The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. - Bertrand Russell

Forum Contributor 2011 legitalto's Avatar

Default Re: Contoured cases known to fit Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series saxophones

The Rheuben Allen for alto and tenor fit the Big Bell CB's.

Default Re: Contoured cases known to fit Cannonball Big Bell Stone Series saxophones

"Kases" brand cases fit my BBSS Cannonball Tenor.

Forum Contributor 2011 legitalto's Avatar

Mt. Vernon cases also fit.

Forum Contributor 2009 saxguy007's Avatar

Standard Pro Tec alto will NOT fit my big bell stone alto. So, my old Mk VII will stay in it....
    Covering the bari part- because no-one else owns one...
    Cannonball "Lady Godiva" Vintage, Selmer Ref 36 and Barone MAC 8 tenors; Cannonball Stone Series and Mk VII altos; Cannonball Stone series soprano and bari

YouTube clip MySpace

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    Yes. it must be the XL Protec. That's what I am using now. I was using the Hiscox previously, but I got tired of the minimal storage space --especially with the alto. Also, by continuing to use the neck bag in the bell of the horn, I can now keep both necks in the case.
    The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. - Bertrand Russell

Cannonball has a compact lightweight case as well made specifically for the big bell. Backpack straps and shoulder strap too. It's used by many of our endorsers as well.

www.cannonballmusic.com/cases.php

Distinguished SOTW Member EgilF.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandalCannonball View Post
    Cannonball has a compact lightweight case as well made specifically for the big bell. Backpack straps and shoulder strap too. It's used by many of our endorsers as well.

www.cannonballmusic.com/cases.php
    Would a Keilwerth (tenor) fit into one of these?
    Julius Keilwerth SX90II soprano - Runyon Custom .067 - V16 2 / Cannonball Big Bell Stones Series alto - Beechler Custom Bellite .085 - V16 2.5 / JK SX90R Tenor - Sugal KW II .111" - V16 3 / Taishan baritone - Vandoren V16 B9 - Rico Royal 2.5

Someone would have to try it. I don't know.