Sax on the Web Forum banner

Big Mouthpieces

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Tzadik 
#1 ·
Hi. I've always prefered larger mouthpieces, and I was wondering what some exceptionally large tenor mouthpieces are (bigger than a HR Link). Thanks.

#2 ·
I have seen vintage Chedeville and Rampone that seem very large. In the mouth Brilhart pieces feel very large because of the incline of the beak. Large can be applied in many aspects like the tip opening, chamber size -interior, the beak profile and the exterior look that actually have least of the importance.
Sakshama

#3 ·
I have a springer HR piece with a large chamber that feels like the largest piece I have ever put into my mouth. HR Bergs feel pretty big to me as well....but maybe older ones cause I have not tried any more recent than 90's.

#8 ·
Beware. If you want large in the mouth, find one of the old ones, those that fit the Captain's description. The new ones, with the smooth surface have the same beak angle and height as a Tone Edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.