Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2007-present

Default I'm getting in a huge amount of reeds----who sells reeds at the best price on the net?????

I will preface this by saying that I use HAHN synthetic reeds...so cane reeds are no longer my specialty.

I'm getting in over 200 boxes of BRAND NEW reeds as part of a deal I just did.

I'd like to know the cheapest place to buy reeds on the internet, so i can beat their prices by a SERIOUS amount, and get these reeds to players here at SOTW for a CRAZY great price!

Let me know where to find the absolure best everyday prices, and i will be offering these at a great price.

I am planning on selling these for around 40% off the everyday price the retail stores are getting.

Different sizes, and different brands.

I wont be selling any of these boxes individually....its just too much work, sorry.

I'm thinking of offering these in bundles of 5 OR 10 boxes

If you choose to have these sent overseas, and dont want tracking with insurance, you will be responsible if the package is lost.

Thanks for your help,
    Mark

JUST REPLY BELOW WITH THE CHEAPEST PLACE YOU KNOW OF ON THE NET TO BUY REEDS,,,THANKS.

Forum Contributor 2012

Default Re: I'm getting in a huge amount of reeds----who sells reeds at the best price on the net?????

1Stop Clarinet and Sax Shop

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2010 magical pig's Avatar

Default Re: I'm getting in a huge amount of reeds----who sells reeds at the best price on the net?????

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Laughlin View Post
    1Stop Clarinet and Sax Shop
    +1

And count me in on the reed madness!

If there are DEALERS watching this, PLEASE don't write me for reeds.

I don't want to sell to a store that will buy them cheap and mark these up to a retail price.

((( I could do that myself, if I wanted to---BUT I DON'T))). --------Sh*t, I make a living doing that...so I'm happy to give back here).

I'd like these to go to SOTW members who could use these reeds for their own needs, and get them at a great price.

If that means going to the post office 50 times instead of one or two, so be it.

I will also be doing a bunch of "give-away" postings...so stay tuned!

I usually buy from 1stop shop too, and even buying from Spain it is cheaper than going to any shop. I could be interested too.

Forum Contributor 2014 Stuckond's Avatar
    The sunny shores of Southern Lake Superior: Marquette, Michigan USA

I'll be watching for these lucky deals! I've bought from WWBW a couple of times with some very decent specials, but 1 stop is great with everyday prices.

Distinguished SOTW Member/ Content Expert
    Forum Contributor 2014

That sounds good Mark .

In Holland cheap online reeds (rieten!) can be found here: http://www.goedkoperieten.nl/html/

Count me in for some boxes if you have my preferred brand(s) and sizes and if you ship overseas.

T : Selmer SBA serial 50xxx (1952) - Otto Link Florida no USA 10* - La Voz medium
    A : Klingsor serial 016xx (early 60's) - Otto Link STM 9* - Rico Royal 2.5
    SoundClick | YouTube | SOTW Blues (Round 8) | Mouthpiece Pictures

I was just about to order a batch of reeds (that are crazy expensive here in Sweden) so I will hopefully wait to see what you have "in store". :-)

Albany, NY .. actually Chatham, NY ... but 'where is that??"

I usually use Weiners pricing to compare against .... they seem to have the best pricing I have found ... except NY residents have to add about 8.5% for tax ...
    Tenor ..1973 Selmer Mark VI #211xxx .... RPC .115B ... Vandoren M/O lig ...
    Alto ...Yanagisawa A991 #320XXX....RPC .090B ... Vandoren M/O lig ....
    Sop.... CB Vintage Reborn .... RPC .080...... Brancher gold Lig ....

Distinguished SOTW Member LateNiteSax's Avatar

Definitely price your 2-3 strength reeds higher, they are BY FAR more popular. The 1s and then the 4s and 5s and HARDs should blow out dirt dirt cheap because nobody except me wants them. In fact how about you pay me to take them
    "We sax players need to stick together and save the world." Sonny Rollins, 1993 after a show.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010 Canadiain's Avatar

I stopped buying from one stop due to the rather disturbing child abuse thing, not people I want taking my money under any circumstances. Now I buy from wwbw, they ship international by DHL for a reasonable fee.

Strangely the DHL shipment ends up with Canada Post anyway.

Tracking on reed purchases is just stupid, its not like its a $5k horn. Just give the options to the buyer and have them agree its at their own risk if they choose something more cost effective if its a concern to you.

What reeds are you talking about here anyway Mark?

I may growl occasionally, but I never bite

I'll buy some. Let me know when they're available.

I am planning on selling these for around 40% off the price the retail stores are getting.

in other words---if a box of 5 reeds costs $20 at 1-stop, then my price will be $12.

Its that price PLUS shipping.

That should make everyone happy.

No difference in price for different strengths...just one big happy sale for everyone!!!!!

I HAVE RECEIVED A FEW EMAILS ASKING ME TO PUT REEDS ASIDE FOR THEM.
    I JUST DONT KNOW WHATS COMING IN, SO BE PATIENT TILL I GET THESE HERE...THANKS.

Distinguished SOTW Member/ Content Expert
    Forum Contributor 2014

Quote Originally Posted by 10mfan View Post
    in other words---if a box of 5 reeds costs $20 at 1-stop, then my price will be $12.

its that price plus shipping.

That should make everyone happy.
    Mark, does that include international shipping?

T : Selmer SBA serial 50xxx (1952) - Otto Link Florida no USA 10* - La Voz medium
    A : Klingsor serial 016xx (early 60's) - Otto Link STM 9* - Rico Royal 2.5
    SoundClick | YouTube | SOTW Blues (Round 8) | Mouthpiece Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by canadiain View Post
    i stopped buying from one stop due to the rather disturbing child abuse thing, not people i want taking my money under any circumstances. Now i buy from wwbw, they ship international by dhl for a reasonable fee.

Strangely the dhl shipment ends up with canada post anyway.

Tracking on reed purchases is just stupid, its not like its a $5k horn. Just give the options to the buyer and have them agree its at their own risk if they choose something more cost effective if its a concern to you.

What reeds are you talking about here anyway mark?

As long as guys take the risk upon themselves if they dont want tracking, and the reeds never arrive for some reason, then I am ok with it. I just cant be responsible for the post office losing a package if you choose not to have insurance or tracking.

The post office is the only way i'm sending these. They are 5 minutes away from me, so its easiest for me.

Shipping is extra---whatever it costs to get it to you.

Usps only.

I'm interested, and live in FL. If you're making a list of people to notify, make sure I'm on it pleas
    Ska Ska Ska Ska Ska

Hi,

i dont have a list...as i wont do that because i dont know whats exactly coming in.

I will post for sure what i have, once they arrive.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010 Canadiain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10mfan View Post
    As long as guys take the risk upon themselves if they dont want tracking, and the reeds never arrive for some reason, then I am ok with it. I just cant be responsible for the post office losing a package if you choose not to have insurance or tracking.

The post office is the only way i'm sending these. They are 5 minutes away from me, so its easiest for me.
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me Mark, count me in if you have what I need

Distinguished SOTW Member Carl H.'s Avatar

Dibs on some Lavoz MH clarinet reeds, if you should get some of them...
    So far, this is the oldest I've been.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast